G-HEADS Film is a group of five Year 3 Students from Republic Polytechinic. For their final year project, they are producing a short film titled @Samantha.
What is @Samantha?
@Samantha is a 15-minute short thriller produced as our final year project. It will premiere on Toggle (rebranding as MeWatch) in 2020 as part of their Youth Creator Project.
After a night out, 19-year-old social media enthusiast Samantha finds her account being stolen by an unknown hacker, hence enlists the help of her polar opposite former friend.
@Samantha aims to convey to the message that social media makes people vulnerable. Social media users are now
- digitally vulnerable, as the general users have weak online security and are prone to be hacked
- socially vulnerable, as they usually maintain their social lives through building an image
- emotionally vulnerable, as they sacrifice expressing their true feelings to uphold their online persona
G-HEADS Film was formed a year ago by year-long friends and students of Diploma in Media Production and Design. Every individual team member (or as we like to call it, G-HEADs) have professional industry experience and have directly worked with commercial clients before. The team has also previously participated in Singaporean short film competitions such as nuSTUDIOS Point and Shoot and Cine65.
- Isaac Wong is the Director and Co-Writer.
- Ramon Goh is the Assistant Director and Director of Photography.
- Kimi T. is our Art Director and Co-Producer.
- AbgDanial is the Creative Director and Co-Producer.
- Jared Yoong is the Editor and Co-Writer.
What Will The Money Be Used For?
Depending on the amount raised, the funding here will be used as
- Hiring cast and third-party crew members
- Paying for logistics and equipment
- Expenses such as set design, props, etc.
Our producers are committed to full transparency for financial and monetary details.
I'm Convinced and I've Provided Some Funding. What Will I get?
Thank you for your support! Any amount helps and can ease the financial burden of our debt-heavy shoulders. Depending on the amount, you, the supporter, will also enjoy
- your name to be shown in the credits as a part of the short film
- added into our close friends list on Instagram stories for exclusive behind-the-scenes content
- receiving a personalized digital postcard from the director via e-mail
I Have No Money Now/I Don't Trust You. Where Can I Get Updates From?
We get it. You can still share the fundraiser and follow the journey on Instagram @GHEADSFILM for occasional updates and behind-the-scenes content!