฿150,319raised of ฿500,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
The Coronavirus crisis has already hit the Khlong Toey community hard in many ways. Stopping work and staying home is not an option for most, when existence is already hand to mouth. Job security is now more fragile than ever, with little informal 'day' work to be had. If Covid cases arrive in our crowded sois, we fully expect that it will spread fast. This is heartbreaking.
Since it's launch five years ago, the RoyRak social enterprise has been presented as an alternative model of work empowering some of the most vulnerable women in the slum community and aiming for a ripple effect. It only goes a short way to solving the huge problem of unemployment but it is a lifeline for a few and a sign of hope for many.
Urban Neighbours of Hope Thailand are committed to ensuring that the seven women currently employed in the RoyRak project don't suffer financial loss during the period of social distancing. It won't be easy for them working from home during the hottest time of the year with kids off school and food prices rising. Protecting the most vulnerable has to remain our focus.
While we have closed the workshop and all events/sales, the RoyRak team will continue to be set work for as long as possible. We desperately want to continue paying full salaries including sick-pay but, without the income that comes from selling and hosting groups, the money is running out fast.
RoyRak is built on a sustainable model and has always covered it's own costs but these are unprecedented times. We are asking for donations to tide the business across till the end of the year. It's not ultimately the business we want to protect but the livelihoods resting on it. Those who have met the RoyRak team and heard their stories may be especially keen to help!
So, our customers and supporters can help us in a few significant ways!
- Donate to the appeal on this Go Get Funding page; the figure is based on the amount we would need to pay seven salaries and purchase the bare minimum of materials until the end of September. Anything you are able to give will make a huge difference!
- Subscribe to our Live to Give monthly mail box scheme. It might seem frivolous to be investing in jewellery at the moment but the guaranteed custom is just what we need. *https://www.royrakbeadinglove.org/live-to-give-sub...
- Plan to do your Christmas shopping with us! It may never be 'business as usual' but there will be a day when we can sell again... and we are building up stock ready for that time!
- Share this campaign widely and encourage your groups and contacts to get behind this cause. Strength in numbers!
*Please bear in mind that International delivery is severley disrupted at the moment and it may take a lot longer than usual for orders to arrive. Delivery within Thailand is currently unaffected.
- Urban Neighbours of Hope Thailand
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet