Roots to Branches (R2B) works with youth (11-18 years old) and partners with local businesses and organizations to provide a continuous cycle of service-learning projects that promote individual growth forcommunity sustainability.
We are offering youth programs in September that activate youth in a learning environment that: integrates emotional and social development; cultivates creativity and cooperation; and facilitates the change from adolescence to adulthood.
What programs are we offering:
- Community Sustainability: An after-school program that engages youth in community service-learning projects.
- School Engagement: An in-school program that collaborates with teachers to design and implement service learning initiatives that meet school-related objectives.
- Rites of Passage: A weekend program that enters youth in a realm of interpersonal growth and development via adolescent Rites of Passage groups.
Why donations are needed:
- Business start-up fees (Becoming an LLC, Administrative fees, Legal Advisement)
- Project materials to get the projects done.
- Personal compensation for our coordinating the projects, including contacting schools, identifying sponsors and working with youth and community members.
- Transportation of youth to and from the service-learning project site.
- Marketing and advertising in the form of t-shirts for project participants, local news spot, and newsletters to get the good word out.
MINIMUM START-UP GOAL: $50,000*
As a donor you will be able to stay up-to-date on all of our progress through our website (www.r2branches.org).
THANK YOU FROM THE R2B TEAM!!!
*Our goal is based on all of the above mentioned and one years worth of services.