€1,213.00raised of €933.00 goal goal
Soutien Orphelinat Pagala" association is to support the children of the orphanage Pagala (Togo) for their health, tuition, education, sanitation, electricity and food of the children of orphanage Ste Anne Pagala (Togo)
The association has made significant impacts to improve life in the orphanage.
The actions are targeted and practical. Here is a summary over the past 3 years:
- Refurbished dormitories: ceilings, fans, bed frames, mattresses, mosquito nets.
- Installation of 600m of electricity line to supply the orphanage area.
- Bought various furniture, a fridge, television and bikes for the secondary pupils.
- Funded a tutor.
- Bought agricultural land so that the orphanage can become autonomous for food supplies.
- Donation of an ECG, Doppler, microscope and a bronchoaspiration device for the hospital.
- Renovated the sanitary block completely and several annexes.
- Elaborated a project for an electricity supply for the hospital in collaboration with Électriciens Sans Frontières
This year they have some big projects which need help:
- a building on the agricultural land for better surveillance and monitoring of crops
- Start the Electricians without Border building site
- Project of an operating table for caesarians at the hospital
- Day to day support of the orphans and patients
In parallel to this assistance, the association has also begun
collaborating with St Luc hospital in Pagala: supplying medical
examining equipment (microscope, electrocardiograph, Doppler) and
treatment tools (single use disposable equipment).
Moreover, a doctor from the association regularly gives voluntary consultations at the hospital's emergency department.
The Association is small, 100% voluntary and was created at the foot of Mont-Blanc. Their principal financial support is the UTMB for which the doctor and other members have worked for many years.The goal is simple, it is to finance and equip an orphanage and a hospital in the bush at PAGALA (Togo).
The goal is simple, it is to finance and equip an orphanage and a hospital in the bush at PAGALA (Togo).Each year they fund the costs of education, health, insurance, electricity and food for the, around thirty, Ste Anne de Pagala orphans and supply the hospital with batches of technical or single use equipment
For my longest race so far I have added a challenge to give back and support a charity.
The #1 objective of my 2016 ultra-running season was to get enough qualifying points to participate in the Ultra Trail Mont Blanc (UTMB) 2017.
I achieved it through 3 races: Hong Kong 100km in January, Ultra Trail
Cote d’Azur Mercantour 140km and McDowell Mountain Frenzy in Arizona,
The gruelling UTMB race is the “Olympics” of trail and ultra-running. This is a 166km with 10,000m elevation around the Mont Blanc crossing three countries (France, Italy, Switzerland).
For my longest race so far I have added a challenge to give back and support a charity. There were big association names but I chose a smaller one, more authentic, 100% voluntary where I know the funds will be directly used to enable children in a remote part of Africa. The Association is small, 100% voluntary and was created at the foot of Mont-Blanc. http://assopagala.eklablog.com/
PS: Classed as general interest with a humanitarian purpose, donors in France will be granted tax relief on 66% of the amount of their donation
- Romain Groleau
- Campaign Owner
Donation updateUpdate posted by Romain Groleau at 12:31 am
thank you to my good old friend Joshua Miller for his generous offline donation of USD75!
It is official, I will run for the orphans of PagalaUpdate posted by Romain Groleau at 05:15 am