Fundraising campaign by DEEPANKAR KUMAR GOPE
by DEEPANKAR KUMAR GOPE
| Charity & Nonprofits
R. G. G. NATIONAL MEMORIAL CHARITABLE TRUST , Kolkata partnered with a local NGO and started to distribute foods among the needy women and children of the area park street those who are underprivileged. Right in the slum of Bishnupur in Kolkata for the children of migrant workers and daily wagers. Our survey revealed that 70,000 plus families live here in most unhygienic conditions. Children don’t go to school. Most of them start rag picking at young age; some work in nearby hotels; young girls are doing cleaning jobs in the houses. The idea was to free them from this vicious circle by enabling them through education. 60 Children between the age group of 5 – 13 years were enrolled in the school for Primary education. Out of which 30-40 kids are regular in the school.
The objectives of this project are:
1. To educate children who never went to school by bringing the school to them.
2. To encourage school dropouts to complete their primary education and then to put them in mainstream education system.
3. To enable children through education which in turn will prevent them become child laborers and keeps them away from bad practices.
4. To encourage girl child to study who are otherwise busy taking care of the younger siblings and supporting the household chores, while the parents are away for work.
5. Provide basic literacy to the community.
6. Train women and youth for sewing, computers, electricals.
7. Sensitize them about health and cleanliness.
All this was done by creating a center for learning right in the community.
Our 6 months experience of working on this project indicates there is need to scale up this effort and reach out to more children, youth and women.
R. G. G. NATIONAL MEMORIAL CHARITABLE TRUST plans to open 3 more similar centers in the community along with 1 main center across the road with better facilities. Children who are regular in the community school can start coming to the main center for learning. Skill training programs will be conducted at this center for unemployed youth after school. We are committed to extend support for this project at least for next 3 years.
Food and nutrition is the basic need of a human being. Child cannot learn with a hungry stomach. Providing one meal at these centers is critical for the success of this program. Cost of meal per child is around Rs.9.
Impact (per year): - Impact of programs at 5 Centers (1 main & 4 satellite) is as follows:
• 300 Children will get Primary education.
• 1080 Youth will get skill training and basic literacy.
• 3250 People from community will benefit for health and hygiene.
Project Cost (per annum): -
Staff Expenses (for 5 centers): - Rs.14, 50,000
Program activities and material cost: - Rs.11, 25,000
Equipment Cost: - Rs.2, 20,000
Administration Cost: - Rs.1, 50,000
Meals Budget: - Rs.13, 50,000
Total: - Rs. 42,95,000
Although the total cost of this project is nearly 43 lacs, I pledge to raise 50000 $ only. I would encourage you to come and support my campaign by donating as much as you can and share this campaign on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc. Every little bit of it counts and will create a big impact.
DEEPANKAR KUMAR GOPE
DEEPANKAR KUMAR GOPE
Send a message
Donated of $50,000.00
$12,480.00 Raised offline
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Show Desktop Version
Not Ready to Donate?
Did you know a 10 second Facebook share raises an average of $25?