Restore Their Glory – Sponsoring vintage bus preservation in Hong Kong
Island Vintage Bus (IVB) was launched by a group of enthusiasts through the Internet. It aims to conserve artifacts related to the history of the Island buses, and let everyone regain this collective memory.
In the past, we have achieved an "impossible mission" -- rebuilt of a 1963 single-decker bus from a tow car, and completely restored the last newly acquired bus of CMB.
All our IVB team members volunteers and resources are limited. Your sponsorship would speed up our work and make the restoration sustainable,
- “The 1st Air-Cond. CMB Double-Decker” - restore to its original configuration of 30 years ago;
- “Hong Kong's Oldest Surviving Single-Decker Bus (1949 Tilling-Stevens)” - requires thorough repair of the roof and its timber structure.
Your support is vital. The IVB team will update the restoration progress to online crowdfunding participants from time to time. An Annual Report will also be sent through email. To appreciate your support, commemorative postcard(s)* will be giveaway from the owners of the “1st Air-Cond. CMB Double-Decker”. This postcard set is not for sale.
We treasure. We preserve. Let us keep our transport heritage alive!
Island Vintage Bus (IVB) 乃由一班有心人透過網上發起，旨在保育與香港島巴士歷史有關舊物，讓大家重拾這段集體回憶。
過往，我們曾將大家認為的「不可能」成事 — 將一部已被改為拖車的1963 年單層巴士恢復原貌，亦將一部已易手、原為中巴最後的一部全新巴士徹底還原。
資源是有限的，要持續下去，除了 IVB 成員的投入外，仍需大家贊助以下項目：
- 「港島（中巴）首部雙層冷氣巴士」— 徹底還原至卅年前之原貌
- 「香港現存最古老的單層巴士（白水箱）」— 需徹底維修車頂及詳細檢查柚木結構
* One postcard (by random) will be giveaway by $20 sponsoring, $100 for the whole postcard set.
* 贊助 $20 將可獲贈隨機一張紀念明信片，$100 則可獲贈一整套。