To prevent Matras UMC from being banned by local authorities for not meeting the requirements of the city code, and to ensure its long-lasting ministry, Matras UMC congregation is initiating a fundraising project.
Matras UMC is not only a historical heritage built by first Methodists in the region, that needs to be preserved as a living witness for next generations, but it is also a Christian center - a lighthouse of hope - for the community around it.
The funds will be used in compliance with the cost estimate (incl. costs of construction plans and labor):
1) Rewiring, lightning protection system, and increase of electrical capacity € 7,000 ($ 7,959)
2) A borehole to access water € 6,000 ($ 6,822)
3) Plumbing installation for a restroom, sink and drainage € 4,000 ($ 4,548)
4) Installation of centralized heating system for the entire building € 25,000 ($ 28,427) - subject to further adjustment due to many variables
5) Roof replacement € 16,000 ($ 18,193)
6) Replacement of windows € 4,000 ($ 4,548)
GRAND TOTAL: € 62,000 ($ 70,497)
The progress of projects will be posted on a regular basis as well as communication provided with everyone involved as much as it is physically possible. Stay tuned for that.
May God bless you all abundantly!
Matras UMC congregation from Latvia