I am the Owner of an existing Restaurant in the Limpopo region of Southern Africa and would like to offer both my clientele and community something extra other than just a great meal and relaxed environment.
There is a large part of the restaurant interior which is not being utilised for much, other than additional overflow seating. The space is large enough to transform into a Gallery that will showcase locally handmade arts from the surrounding communities as well as local photographic wildlife art of the Greater Kruger and Surrounding areas.
The restaurant has been in operation for 2 years under my leadership and has an established local following as well as a very strong International clientele.
The Gallery will be operated on a profit based platform, which will benefit a 3 way split of the local artists and photographers, the establishment which sustains a local workforce of 8 employees as well as a cause we believe and support strongly, namely awareness and the fight against Malaria in Africa.
All donations will be utilised to furnish and set up the gallery which includes but not limited to;
- interior wall painting
- gallery specific lighting
- air conditioning (as temperatures in the region can escalate to 48 degrees and art works would need to be cared for - also creates pleasant experience for potential buyers
- setup of lounge area to relax in whilst admiring art
- creation and maintenance of e-commerce based website whereby art can be sold internationally
- launch / opening exhibition and special fundraising events
I have confirmation of 9 exhibitors who will be launching this project with me, with some of their works already being displayed at the premises.