Resole CIC Is a community led outreach program that was born out of faith and the strong message of charity that runs through Islam and the Muslim community. Delivering quality new and used footwear to the most vulnerable in our society including but not limited to the homeless, young people at risk of youth/gang violence, unaccompanied refugee minors and those deemed as the working poor who are having to utilise soup kitchens/food banks to survive.
"It gives you great joy to see the self-esteem that a pair of new sneakers can bring to a person,” said Moosa. “Some homeless people we have met are barefoot because they have had their shoes stolen at night while they sleep.
“One guy was without shoes for two weeks and just had flipflops and it was at the end of the drop when we found him outside a Sainsbury’s in Islington. We gave him a pair of Nike Air VaporMax valued at £185. He couldn’t believe we were just giving it out for free and was so grateful.” our founder Moosa Nsubuga speaking to metro.co.uk in 2019.
Resole has a dedicated outreach program two nights a week varying across homeless hotspots in London, a weekly drop off at designated soup kitchens and responding to requests from small and large charities seeking quality footwear for their clients or young people.
As a niche organization in terms of footwear provision, we only accept items in new or gently used condition and have a dedicated shoe cleaning service that brings those that need a little love back to near New condition.
How would your donations help?
- provide opportunities for people to take ownership in driving change in their own communities.
- to create a Resole outreach centre that would serve as both a base of operations and space dedicated to supporting local organizations in their endeavours.
- to lease a van capable of picking up and delivering larger quantities of donations.
- cover travel costs for our core team and much needed volunteers.
- cover the cost of a bigger storage unit as we are continuously having to put donations on hold due to space.
- allow us to expand our current outreach capabilities to a UK wide operation.
- provide care packs to unaccompanied minors referred through other charitable partners.
- Reduce the need for young at risk individuals to pursue materialistic gains via illegal activities.