Some Brazilian states are going thru a water crisis, so I am developing a eco friendly internet connected device for water use monitoring to help people know when they are spending the most and how they can reduce consumption upon monitoring their water use pattern.
It will have a mobile and a web app to control the monitoring and a small device plugged to a house's water tank.
The mobile application will provide real time reports about the water consumption and cost. It then will provide tips on how the house's consumption can be optimised based on the data gathered - it will basically learn how a family uses water and then provide tips for the hours that water is used the most.
The application will have two modes of operation:
- Automatic: show the cost and consumption in real time but won't need any kind of setup.
- Customized: profiles and custom monitoring modes, plus a START and STOP mode to monitor a certain ongoing water consumption activity.
I already started working on the initial prototype and it will still require dozens of trial and error tests until I come the cheaper but most optimized sensor to resist years inside a water's tank without being oxidized.
I need the funds raised here to hire a designer to create the interface for the mobile app and design the product concept so we can start a crowdfunding campaign to gather preorders, build traction and raise money to polish the final prototype and finally market the product.
- Trial and error water sensors component testing
- Wire a custom sensor
- Create the prototype gadget
- Develop the mobile and web application
- Hire a designer to design the interface of the mobile application and product concept
After these steps are fulfilled, I'll be able to start another crowdfunding campaign focused on the fnished prototype and interfaces, to gather preorders and build traction and after that I can attract the attention of angel investors.
But you will be considered the first to support the product and will always be remembered.