Project focuses on "Setting up Street Children Welfare Home" is given in detail under the heading of Rehabilitation of Street Children.
Normally, the children in the age group of 5- 18 years leave their homes due to poverty, abuse and dysfunctional families. Hence the broad perspective of this project is to,
- Provide street and working children, a childhood that they never experienced and help them to become useful members of the society.
- Provide basic literacy and facilities for those who wish to study further.
- Provide health, recreational and counseling services.
- Encourage street children to kindle their potential by providing creative opportunities.
- Make available a secure place where street children can play and enjoy their childhood.
- Instill public awareness and respect for the rights and lives of street children. With all these broad objectives in mind, this project is proposed to set up " Integrated welfare Center for street children " encompassing various activities like Counseling, Child Help line, Day care center, Full care Home for both sex and Drop-in -Shelter for Working children.
This project is an integrated approach for the welfare of street and vagrant children which encompasses,
1. Identification & collection of street children
3. Health care
4. Day care centers
6. Rehabilitation shelters
a. Night shelter
b. Full care home
7. Support services to slums
8. Advocacy and sensitization
9. Child Help line.
Since the points discussed herein have been adopted and experimented earlier with pre-determined success, it is beyond doubt to conclude that this project is socially acceptable.