US$83.00raised of $50,000.00 goal goal
Hello Everyone, Namaste!
My name is Manoj Bhattarai. I belong from Nepal, a beautiful Himalayan Country. By profession, I'm on Information Technology and by Passion onto Socio-political Activism. I'm a self explorer, a volunteer and somehow seeking to understand life with the things we do.
We've been developing Emergency/Disaster Response Systems on our own for 6 years almost and this is the first time we're raising funds because it seemed almost impossible for us to go further on this Mission Project without a backup support. The project is Disaster, Emergency and Panic Response System called Rakshya - To keep us Safe!
View Sudikcha's Profile on LinkedIn.
MAJOR COMPONENTS OF RAKSHYA APPLICATION
We have a series of systems/applications developed in the past. The idea is to upgrade and integrate all such systems into one Emergency/Disaster Response Application - Rakshya. Most Importantly, the Anti-Rape System will be the next Module we will be working to integrate.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- AI Anti Rape Intelligent System (Waiting for support to start)
- Emergency Disaster Response and Volunteer Collaboration (Previously worked upon, needs support to Enhance )
- Emergency Blood and Medical Response (Previously worked upon, needs support to Enhance)
- Harassment Prevention System (Previously worked upon, needs support to re-work
ANTI RAPE MODULE
We already have several systems those can be maintained and integrated onto the Rakshya System. Following a large mass of recent Rape Cases in South East Asia, me and my team have come up with a serious willingness to develop a system that could prevent rape. What exactly that be, this shall be the result of our rigorous homework, interactions, idea hunts, hackathons, experiments and AI Data.
But we are committed to develop a system, that actually will perform, like all our other systems of past.
PREVIOUS WORK ON DISASTER/EMERGENCY RESPONSE [WIP]
My journey to Activism started in 2011. During that time we used to clean parks, hospitals, rivers, supply fresh emergency blood to the needy, help victims even protest on street against political bads and so on.
We have developed several systems and run campaigns in Nepal for a long time to cope the impacts of disaster.
2013 I started working on a Volunteer Emergency Blood App called
EmBlood to help the large mass of people suffering from blood crisis and
mis-management. Far more than expected, the application was used by a
lot of volunteers/patients, had a huge database and AI integrations
to generate quickest help.
I am proud to tell you that #EmBlood was saving a minimum of 2 lives in a day in Nepal until it was removed from Play Store following policy changes a few months back. I invested a lot of time and money to maintain this application for several years as I enjoyed doing it. But now the application requires all new revamp in order to get approved to the stores, once again. You can still download the application form the EmBlood website. However, parts of it might not be running.
- In 2014 the plains of Nepal were hit by a Barrage breakage that displaced thousands of people. That was the first time I started #FillTheBucketChallenge to raise some support. Watch video here.
- Again Nepal was hard hit by #NepalEarthquake2015 that killed tens of thousands of people. We started gearing up at the 23rd hour while still the earth was shaking. We were able to deploy 2000+ selfless volunteers and tons of supplies, all voluntarily as we did not have any organization. We called it #Act4Quake. Learn the outcomes here.
- In 2017, a large part of Plains of Nepal were again hit by massive floods. That is when we developed Nepal Flood Relief overnight along with my team at Cellapp Innovations. Thankfully, the system was widely used by Volunteers, Organizations, Government and Police Officials, etc. for mass communication, Information dissemination and we got big high 5s. That was not our expectation though. We were so glad, we got to help a large mass of people suffering on ground.
Soon after, when the US was hit by a series of Hurricanes - Irma, Maria, etc. on request of a volunteer community there, we revamped the NFI application to IRMA TRACKER and Later on to Kerala Flood Relief for India which proved to be helpful there as well.
That was the first time I realized, I was good with these things and we can help a very large global mass if we could generate a public support for this. Upon thinking, I came up with the idea of Rakshya, that would consist of all things we had developed in the past along with other things being added one by one to create an all in one disaster/emergency response application.
Anti Rape Module is the first one, we'd like to work upon, next.
So here I am, asking for your support. If you like the concept and trust my team, please show us your generosity. Details of each dollar spent will be transparently reflected on rakshya.org.
To learn about my team and the way we work please visit cellapp.co.
Certificate of Appreciation
Rakshya Ambassador's Certificate
Rakshya Partner's Certificate
- Manoj Bhattarai
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet