Feb 1: Few days ago, Helga is finally diagnosed with a rare nerve infection called Guillain- Barre Syndrome. She's given an IVIG medication a couple of days back and hoping this will make her condition better. Praying this will actually save her from this life-threatening illness. At this stage, she's still in comatose state and under observation if her body is responding with the IVIG. My baby is fighting, so we are fighting for her all the way! Appreciate if you can please keep her in your prayers. Thank you so much.
It was 18th of December 2017, exactly at 2pm when our baby Helga was rushed to the nearest local hospital (Divine Care Hospital) in San Juan, Batangas. I was about to wash her up when I saw her eyes were looking straight upward, in a delirious state and she couldn’t breathe at all.
Same day, Dr. Manalo advised us that it would be best to send our daughter to another hospital that has complete facilities and has intensive care unit for close monitoring.
Helga spent 18 days at Metro San Jose Medical Center. 7 days at the ICU and 11 days total in the private room. During these days, the findings were extreme pneumonia and there was a heavy growth of Staphylococcus aureus, UTI and fungal in her urine and blood. Her new doctor, Dr. Luistro, told us that our baby needed to stay longer in the hospital for her daily injections for fungal. We did stay.
But due to lack of resources, we were advised to transfer to the regional hospital in Batangas City (Batangas Medical Center). We were told that it’s way cheaper here and Dr. Luistro would be the same doctor to look after our daughter.
4th of January, we transferred to BMC. Still treating the same medical issues. Her blood fungal, and her pneumonia. To date, there’s no definite findings yet. She’s still having oxygen attached as her level of oxygen in the body decreases. After x-ray, she still has pneumonia and asthma that needs to be treated.
Helga’s arms are also not functioning as it should be. She could barely move her entire body. She had her CT scan yesterday to see what it causes and we’re waiting for the results. And just last night, she had difficulty breathing again that made us panic as we thought we were going to lose her. Thankfully, she’s better today.
Doctor’s advise now is to have her heart check too.
It’s been 27 days and our baby is still in the hospital fighting for her life. Helga needs prayer warriors. May you please include her in your prayers. Thank you.
And if it’s not too much to ask, we are also in search of extra resources for her continuous medical needs, as she also needs to go through rehabilitation until she can move her arms/body again.
Your donations are much appreciated. Thank you very much and may you please keep our baby Helga in your prayers.
God bless us all.