My name is Kelly. I am an Early Childhood Trained, studying Psychology, self-employed, lover of humans - from Australia, who currently lives in New York City. As a person who has dedicated her adult life to helping people, it is with such devastation, that I continue to see what this new administration is doing to people's lives. People who hold Green Cards, and Visa's to work in the USA. I have created this account so I can help to donate funds to the people in need due to the refugee and Muslim ban. I am a Visa holder from, Australia. I had to go through a serious vetting process for my Visa - and I come from a country that has always been a strong ally with the USA. I would hate to imagine what people from countries of Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen had to go through in order to receive their Visa.
I have decided that I want to raise money for the people who are victims who hold Green Cards, and USA Visa's and I want to help them so they are able to start a better life here, in the USA!
I am raising money and I will donate it to the ACLU - American Civil Liberties Union. I will donate 1/4 of the money to this campaign. 1/4 I will donate to the Veterans of Foreign Affairs - for their service to this amazing country, and the last 1/2 I will divide equally between the Domestic Violence shelters, Autism America, and the Homeless shelters in New York City.
These causes all mean so much to me
- I am an immigrant who is living in the country I love so much!
- Veterans have fought hard to maintain the safety of this country I love!
- I am a former victim of domestic violence - therefore this cause is very close to my heart!
- I am donating to Autism America because I have a very special person very close to my heart who is on the Autism spectrum - and without these services, he has come such a long way!
- And I am donating to the homeless, because everybody deserves to have great opportunities in life.
I am excited to help out in anyway that I can.