Together with a team of Sobi colleagues, I will be cycling about 350 km from Paris to Brussels over three days from Friday 8 to Sunday 10 September in order to raise money for the European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC).
In order to donate please use the options provided on this site (credit card or PayPal) OR use SWISH (070-9154902) and write EHC in the comment field. All funds received will be provided to EHC in order to for them to continue to improve the lives for people with bleeding disorders.
The European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC) is an international non-profit organisation that represents 45 national patients’ organisations of people with rare bleeding disorders. One of EHC's objectives is to increase access to replacement therapies in European countries that provide little or no such treatment to their haemophilia patients.
Other EHC objectives are:
- Improving quality of life of people living with rare bleeding disorders
- Improving diagnostic and treatment facilities,
- Ensuring adequate supply of – and access to – safe factor concentrates,
- Promoting patients’ rights and raising ethical issues,
- Following and influencing developments in European health policy,
- Understanding the status of haemophilia care in member countries through regular surveys,
- Stimulating research in all fields related to haemophilia and related rare bleeding disorders.