The aim of this campaign is to raise funds for Yuppi Camp, an NGO that organizes summer camps for children with chronic diseases in Romania. The NGO has only a handful of employees which help raise funds in order to be able to finance these camps, hire volunteers and make participation free for the children.
In order to raise funds for the children's camps, I have challenged myself with participating in 6 Strong Viking Obstacle Runs throughout 2019. Each run will be 19km long which will mean 114km in total for the challenge.The expected times of these runs are:
- March 30 & 31
- May 11 & 12
- June 15 & 16
For more details about Strong Viking runs see https://strongviking.com/en/.
All personal related and travel expenses are paid by myself, all your contributions would go to the NGO directly.
Every little contribution counts! Together we can make a difference to these childrens' lives! Thank you in advance for your support!!
Below you can see the key achievements of the NGO Yuppi as shared by them and their planned camps for 2019:
"Yuppi is Wonderland itself. Here, chronically and seriously ill children and their families benefit from healing experiences while they discover their inner strength needed for a fulfilled life. We organize our free of charge camps together with well trained volunteers.
- 19 therapeutic recreation camps organized since 2011;
- More than 700 participants: children between the age of 0-18 with diabetes, juvenile arthritis and cancer, and in the case of very small children with cancer also their parents and healthy siblings;
- Yearly approx. 150 volunteers, out of which approx. 20 medical staff;
- 2018: Grand Prize in the category of “NGO-work” given by the Romanian Diabetes Federation for the work done with diabetic children
- 2018: II. Prize in the category of “Non-formal education” at the yearly organized Youth Gala for the educational work of chronically ill children and adult volunteers regarding the daily management of chronic diseases
- 2016: III. Prize in the category of “Social Projects” at the yearly organized Civil Society Gala for the overall positive impact of therapeutic camps on chronically ill children;
1. Teens with diabetes Teens aged 13-18 July 14th -20th
2. Children with diabetes Children aged 7-13 July 28th – August 3rd
3. Children and teens with oncological or autoimmune diseases aged 10-18 (juvenile arthritis, lupus, celiac disease) August 18th -24th
4. Family camp Families where the child with cancer is aged 0-9 August 29th – September 1st"
CONTACT FOR YUPPI:
Florina Pauleti – Community Fundraiser