Project Danum is a holistic project that aims to solve water, sanitation, and electricity problems at Brgy. Lisap, Sitio Naswak, Bongabong Oriental Mindoro. We, the SKBP as the head of this project, already concluded its first phase, which includes community immersion, and meeting the community and tribe leaders, Baranggay Chairman, Mayor, and Municipal Government of Bongabong, Oriental Mindoro. We also conducted a site inspection and survey for the creation of a blueprint.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions and government regulations, the project was put on hold this 2020. Moreover, this allowed us to prepare more as Project Danum will continue its second phase on June 2021 through the following activities and projects:
1. istorWASH SESSION FOR TADYAWAN KIDS- We will teach the community children about the importance of water, and sanitation and hygiene through the use of culturally appropriate materials, such as story booklets and brochures that is illustrated by the Tadyawan people.
2. WATER STORAGE - We will construct a water storage that will provide clean and safe water supply for the Naswak Elementary School and adjacent communities.
3. TOILETS - Currently, the Naswak Elementary School has only two (2) toilets, this project aims to build additional toilets for the student and teachers.
4. ELECTRICITY - We will provide solar panels through the help of the Angat Buhay of the Office of the Vice President.
5. CLASSROOMS RENOVATION - We will clean and renovate the classrooms of the Naswak Elementary School with the help of different private sectors and volunteers.
6. HEALTH KITS - We will provide oral health care sets and hygiene kits for the students of the Naswak Elementary School.
Your act of kindness, big or small, will change the lives of Tadyawan people. Any amount of donation will be used to provide the necessities for the community, such as water and electricity. For individuals and organizations who want to donate, you may click the donate button. For partnership and sponsorship (in-kind or monetary) matters, you may connect with our Finance Team at [email protected] or with our Partnership Team at [email protected]
This project is created by Samahan ng Kabataang Boluntaryo ng Pilipinas or SKBP, together with Clary Mañabat as the National Treasurer and Fundraiser for the Tadyawan Community.
Samahan ng Kabataang Boluntaryo ng Pilipinas or SKBP, is a non-profit, YORP-accredited, PNVSCA-acknowledged, youth volunteer organization that aims to promote and inculcate leadership, philanthropy, and volunteerism among the Filipino Youth. Learn more about SKBP through our Organization Primer.