To the cat-loving community,
There is nothing worse than watching a sick or injured community cat silently suffering with no or little help extended to them. So many cats in need, so few caregivers. Therefore, Purrs & Meows (P&M) have set up PROJECT STRAY AID. A campaign with a two-fold purpose - the first is to recover funds paid for sick and injured stray cats and for which there are shortfall amount incurred over the past year, and second, is to set up a general fund where the majority of your contributions will fall into this category and any funds that are not otherwise earmarked for specific cases will go here.
P&M already absorbs the purchase of medical supplies e.g. sub-cut fluids, IV lines, needles, pet diapers etc. and food for our stray feeding initiative. To support Trap-Neuter-Release of unsterilised strays, P&M taps onto low-cost prices offered by selected vets and utilize available slots under Cat Welfare Society-AVA's Sterilization of Community Strays Programme (SCSP). Therefore, use of the general fund is for anything needed to run rescue missions, such as veterinarian bills, prescription food, transport and medical boarding for terminally ill or special needs cats.
Here are just a few cases that was handled by P&M in the last one year, and with open appeals amounting to $3,411 as of 25 February 2019:
- Vader https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=283767875509037&id=133151900570636
- Raney https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=373458933206597&id=133151900570636
- Sam https://www.facebook.com/133151900570636/posts/373464659872691/
- Ninja https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=370338540185303&id=133151900570636
- Ah Girl https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=371732820045875&id=133151900570636
- Tortie and Ginger https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=373483026537521&id=133151900570636
- Muscat Meow https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=373521296533694&id=133151900570636
- Rusty https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=374094269809730&id=133151900570636
Beyond clearing the above debts of $3,411 of open appeals, there are three other cats (and possibly more by the time this campaign is launched) who are currently at the vet with a variety of illnesses/health issues:
- Caesar - a senior community stray who suffered nerve damage after a run-in with dogs https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=376277599591397&id=133151900570636
- Pocky - a FELV+ community cat who has severe flu and bacterial infection https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=376282659590891&id=133151900570636
- Chickadee - a community cat who has a large lump that needs a biopsy and surgical removal. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=376289002923590&id=13315190057063
Your help is needed to continue the vital mission of helping our stray cats across the island get medical treatment and rehabilitation. I am turning to you, friends, supporters and caring individuals to join me on this mission of bringing about kindness and compassion for all animals. Thank you for standing up for those who do not have a voice and for bringing back a sense of community — a sense that we are all connected and responsible for those creatures who completely and totally rely on us for their well being, comfort and safety. Individual cases and profiles of the cats are also found on Purrs & Meows Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/purrsmeowsonline/
Receipts and supporting documents will be published so you know where your contributions are going to. Please support Project Stray Aid.
P.S. All of the cats taken in by Purrs & Meows need medical care, emotional support or behavior training (some may need all three!) and healthy cats are put up for adoption to forever homes. Please send your most generous gift to ensure that more animals get the same quality care. Thank you!