The project name: Training of Medical Staff (Advanced Cardiac Resuscitation ACLS)
Project nature: training - education
Implementation authority: Faculty of Medicine - Islamic University - Gaza (Hayat Center)
Implementation place: Gaza
The number of beneficiaries: 100
Target group: Medical staff (doctors, nurses)
The goal of the project: Raising the efficiency of medical personnel in dealing with emergencies, crises and disasters
The period of implementation: 6 months
The Project Budget: 8,206
About The Implementing Authority
The Islamic University of Gaza is a public academic institution for higher education that works to improve its academic status, enhance the level of services it provides, and the Faculty of Medicine is on of the distinguished faculties of the University, and receives special attention and provides it with all the resources required for success and excellence. The faculty, in partnership with the Palestinian Doctors' Association of Europe, opened Hayat Center, which specializes in training courses in emergency, crisis and disaster management.
Medics World Wide (MEDICS) is concerned with the training of medical personnel in general and in the areas of emergency and crisis management. In particular, MEDICS has undertaken to market this project because of its importance, especially in the Gaza Strip, which lived three wars in the last decade
Definition of the Project
The development of teams working in emergency teams in times of crisis and disaster through a training program is to train specialized teams on the dynamics of the team and communicate with each other and develop systems of care and immediate care and follow-up of heart attack patients and the management of medicine related to cardiac recovery, in addition to the work of sessions of large groups learning in small groups to learn basic life support skills, how to use the AED external defibrillator, and how to detect the possibility of apnea and cardiac arrest and how to deal with them within the frameworks and laws of the The American Heart Association.
Project Goals and Justifications:
The general foal of the project:
Developing the scientific and practical capabilities and technical skills of the cadres working in the fields related to emergencies, crises and disasters in accordance with international standards.
The importance of the project:
The achievement of the goals of this project is of the utmost necessity and urgent need to achieve the simplest sense of humanity in the preservation of the Palestinian people, and also helps enable the staff in the field of ambulance and emergency, and other related areas, to deal creatively and objectively and efficiently with emergencies and crises and recurrent disasters and the rehabilitation of 100 medical personnel working in the field of emergency and crisis, and the knowledge of scientific and practical advanced cardiac rehabilitation.
The project justification:
- The urgent need for skilled, trained and equipped technical and administrative staff to deal with emergencies, crises and disasters.
- Emergency workers are ignorant of work concepts in team spirit.
- Health training programs in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses and specialization do not cover this area well and in integrated manner.
- Emergency health care specialist for pulmonary heart attacks and emergency cardiovascular cases. This includes emergency response, emergency medicine and intensive care personnel.
- Health staff working in various health institutions in the Gaza Strip.
- Doctors enrolled in the specialization programs of the Palestinian Medical Council.
- -100 trainees from medical personnel (doctors and nurses).
- Ministry of Health.
- Non - governmental health institutions.
- Various health faculties.
- Ambulance crews.
- Local community.