US$26,845raised of $25,000.00 goal goal
Project NIA needs your help to raise $15,000 to help support our work through the end of the year.
So far in 2015, Project NIA has:
1. Co-led a successful campaign to pass reparations for Burge police torture survivors.
2. Co-developed and co-facilitated a leadership development program called Young Leaders for Justice (YLJ).
3. Catalyzed and incubated Liberation Library, a volunteer-led initiative to send books to incarcerated children in three Illinois youth prisons.
4. Organized and facilitated a number of workshops and events about juvenile justice, policing and the prison industrial complex. We kicked off the year by co-organizing (along with We Charge Genocide) the Watching the Watchers conference attended by over 350 people.
5. Developed and shared more new (free) curriculum resources like Teaching about the Prison Industrial Complex and Criminal Legal System: Exercises, Simulations, Resources, and Discussion Ideas. To date over 400 copies of the curriculum have been distributed at no cost. We also recently published "Community Safety Looks Like" which has been made available to hundreds of people free of charge.
6. And most importantly for us, continued to advocate for/with young people in conflict with the law and to connect them with local resources.
We operate with a small budget. We depend heavily on in-kind contributions of time and on individual financial donations to do our work. Without our supporters, we would not exist. We hope that you will help us make it through the rest of the year by contributing $10, $25, $100, $1000 to our work.
Your support will allow us to keep working towards our vision of a world without youth incarceration. Thank you!
- Mariame Kaba
- Campaign Owner
We Reached Our Goal!Update posted by Mariame Kaba at 12:08 am
We are so very grateful to everyone who donated to this summer fundraising campaign. We are excited to continue our work throughout this year and thanks to you more is possible.For those of you who are due a poster by Molly Crabapple, we will be in touch in the next