My name is Jordan Rogers and I am 14 years old. I am a pupil at Hardenhuish School in Chippenham, Wiltshire. I am a volunteer for the Camps International Kenya expedition 2017.
I am writing about my volunteering for Camps International expedition to Kenya in Jul/Aug 2017 Sponsorship.
I would appreciate you taking time to read my sponsorship letter as it is really important to me and a great opportunity for me.
Camps International School Kenya 2017 expedition is to help the local communities, during my trip I will be:
- Building school desks for local children who would otherwise have to sit on the floor.
- I will be building classrooms for local children who would otherwise be in an unsafe place to learn helping them to learn new skills and also learn our culture.
- I will be installing fresh water tanks in schools and local villages so that they can access clean and safe water, something that we in England take for granted.
- I will be digging elephant water holes to help them survive the summer droughts.
- Making elephant deterrents to protect local crops.
- I will be carrying out Rhino sanctuary work as they are hugely endangered by poachers in East Africa.
The local communities I will be working in have very little income apart from farming, with droughts and wildlife, sustaining their crops to survive can be sabotaged.
Unfortunately, each volunteer has to raise their own funds for the trip. The costs of this trip is an astounding £3952.00 per volunteer for a 28 day trip. So I have to work very hard to raise this amount of money.
This is not a holiday for me, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make somebodies life better who is less privileged than me. I will also earn UCAS points to help towards university.
If you think this is a worthy cause, or you wish to help sponsor me (every little helps), please contact me on the above email [email protected] or donate via Gogetfunding.com or Paypal
Please note this is a genuine request and my credentials can be checked out with both my school and with Camps International.
You can check the above out on http://www.campsinternational.com/volunteering/school-journeys/africa-school-expeditions/