Dearest friends and family across the world,
Australia is BURNING and we need you!
- 14.6 MILLION ACRES of Australia's natural environment and farmland has burned since Sept and the fires are still blazing.
- THERE IS OVER 200 FIRES BURNING across the country
- 500 MILLION ANIMALS have died because of the fires and the toll continues to rise.
- AT LEAST 24 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED AND MANY ARE STILL UNACCOUNTED FOR
- THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE TRAPPED with no electricity and water
- 1400 HOMES HAVE BEEN LOST
- A STATE OF EMERGENCY has been declared in two states
With unrelenting weather forecasted all of these figures are rising by the day.
The people in Australia need all the help they can get right now but unfortunately our government is not offering enough support.
All donations will be split evenly between 6 organisations that are doing their absolute best to provide relief to the victims of the fires, humans and animals included.
With this in mind a group of Australian influencers have joined forces to rally the troops and bring people across the world together with one common goal: to provide relief to this nation that so desperately needs us. Now is the time for us to all to use social media to influence for good!
No matter how small or big your donation, thank you so much for showing up and lending your support. At times like this we must unite and support those who need us most.
The power is all of our hands, but we have no power if we don't work together. So please donate where you can and share this campaign far and wide across your social channels.
Who Are We:
Influence For Good is a team of social media Influencers who have decided that its time to take action and use their influence to have a real positive impact on the world. Our first mission is to raise money for all the victims of the Australian Bushfires (humans and animals) and to create awareness that will hopefully push the government to start making the right choices.
Who the money will go to:
We have thought long and hard about where to donate the money to. It's very confusing and most people at home really do not know who to support. With that in mind we have selected 6 charities covering humanitarian and animal welfare initiatives (3 each) across Australia that we feel have not had as much support as some of the other charities. It was a really hard decision but together we feel these are the charities that we should support in this campaign.
Humanitarian AID -
1. Victorian CFS
2. South Australian CFS
3. RED CROSS Australia
4. SAVEM -
South Australian Veterinary Emergency Management -
South Australian Veterinary Emergency Management (SAVEM) is the state’s go-to wildlife rescue, contact 0477 055 233 or email [email protected] They are set up to provide large-scale emergency wildlife response.
5. Balu Blue Foundation INC
- Funds raised will be to provide relief, resources and assistance to volunteer wildlife carers and small scale sanctuaries in need, the current crisis situations means months of high cost treatment for the enormous amounts of animals in need of care for the upcoming months.
Balu Blue is also working on supporting the building of sanctuary safe zones, and protection of crucial habitat for native wildlife, rebuilding native habitat which has been lost.
6. WILDLIFE VICTORIA
@wildlifevictoria - Victorias wildlife network, funds raised will be distributed to wildlife shelters and carers to help rebuild enclosures and equipment that they have lost in the fires so that they can continue their lifesaving work, and support those that are struggling to cope with the enormous number of animals that will need care in the coming weeks and months.