I am working on Power BI report to SWGoH roster analysis.
About the project
Target: to be completely free and easy to use for all guild members
Problem: There are so many aspects that guild officers want to know, and there is so many data to analyze
Solution: Create Power BI reports for officers
1) collect the data
2) store the data
3) process and calculate the data
4) publicate the data
To collect and store the data I chose Google (Apps Scripts and Spreadsheets)
To process, calculate and publicate the data I chose MS Power BI (free version)
I created Google script to grab the data from swgoh.help API and put into Google spreadsheet tab.
The script opens spreadsheet by ID and reads any your guild member allyID
Next, the script retrives JSON with guild data and is proceeding to retrive JSONs with every member data.
I store the grabbed data in a table in the spreadsheet.
The script works well with time triggering and can automaticaly collect data periodicaly.
You can find example Google spreadsheet file with script code below.
To analyze data I created Microsoft Power BI report. everyone can oped pbix file and easily analyze data.
To personalize project you have to
1) create your own copy of spreadsheet
2) add Apps Script to your Google account
3) change spreadsheet ID in script to yours one
4) type your allyID on settings tab
5) change link to the data source (your version of spreadsheet) in pbix file.
6) prepared pbix file you can send to all your friend to have access to analyze data with you
7) You can also create free account on MS Power BI site and publish report online!
I am casual Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes player
You can find me on discord: kacpero#3743 or in the game nick Kac Pero, allyID: 931-137-385
I like also play in analytics. I like it ;)