Poultry farming is the raising of domesticated birds such as chickens, turkeys, ducks, and geese, for the purpose of farming meat or eggs for food while Dairy farming is a class of agricultural enterprise which focuses on long-term production of milk. The whole concept of Poultry farming during the last two decades or so has undergone a sea change.The poultry industry has now emerged as a highly structured and market-oriented enterprise. Some of the typical work in a Poultry Farm involves management of the farm, rearing chicks, feed formulation and analysis among others.
No precise educational qualifications are required for this occupation. Once established in the field and after attaining some exposure and expertise in poultry and dairy farming, one can set up their own such farms.
There is a great market for commercial poultry farming in Bangladesh. And it is already an established business opportunity. The economic system of Bangladesh is mostly dependent on agriculture and agricultural related production. Poultry products like meat and eggs are the main source of animal protein for Bangladeshi people.
Chickens are the common and mostly raised poultry birds of Bangladesh. Along with chickens, raising some other poultry birds like quails, turkeys, ducks, pigeons, peacocks etc. are also gaining popularity day by day. I am describing here the benefits of poultry farming in Bangladesh and the steps for starting this business commercially.
Benefits of Poultry Farming in Bangladesh
Poultry farming is a lucrative business. And there are some advantages of starting this business. The main benefits of starting poultry farming in Bangladesh are listed below.
- Poultry farming in Bangladesh is a very profitable business for both individuals and Entrepreneurs.
- Huge demand of poultry products inside the country. So, you don’t have to worry about marketing your products.
- There are no religious taboos for consuming any poultry birds meat and eggs in Bangladesh.
- Poultry farming in Bangladesh is such a great business that can never dry up.
- Commercial poultry farming can create an employment opportunities for the job seeking unemployed educated people. Even, the women can also start raising some poultry birds in small scale farming system. This will ensure the availability of necessary nutrition for the family and help them by making some extra income.
- Nowadays, there are numerous highly productive poultry breeds are available that are very suitable for commercial production.
- Commercial poultry farming business has a great ROI (returns of investment) ratio. That means you will get good returns of your total investment.
- You need some capital or initial investment for starting commercial poultry farming in Bangladesh. If you don’t have the capital then you can apply for bank loan. There are many banks available in Bangladesh which will give you bank loan happily with a very little interest. You can also get some loan from various non-govt NGO’s.
- In a word, poultry farming in Bangladesh is absolutely a great business. Especially very suitable for educated job seekers. Because, employment opportunities are decreasing day by day due to rapid population growth. So, commercial poultry farming is a great income and employment source along with being self dependent.