₱100.00raised of ₱500,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Help save my life … I am desperate at this stage.This plea for assistance is not for elective surgery, it is a life or death situation and to be honest, I am scared as hell. I know I need this done but making it happen seems like an impossible task right now Being confronted by my own mortality in such a way is scary.
In February this year I had a cardiac episode and since then have had a tightness and moderate level of pain in my chest and at times in my upper left arm. This appears to be getting steadily worse.
I saw my Cardiologist later in February, the good news is I am still breathing ... the bad news is I was told to prepare P1.5 Million to have a triple bypass..its gone too far to have stents more is the pity. I have sold assets and with savings I can come up with P1 Million, still half a million short. I live on a fixed income so saving extra money from that is not possible
I am o medication to keep me alive keep me alive in the short term but basically if I have a heart attack I probably won't make it to the hospital ... (I can believe that with ambulance response times) … I am a tough old bastard but this has really shaken me.
I hate to admit it but I am shit scared at the moment, not knowing what the future might hold, yeah I am supposed to not stress out but I am finding that hard to do … This is difficult for me but I need to ask for some help to get me through this … thats why this GoGetfunding page, (Online friends suggested it), … any and all help is very appreciated. Any little bit will help.
A little background …
My name is David Cornick and I have been living in Cebu, the Philippines for the past 6 years.
In 2014 I had 2 cardiac episodes, had an angiogram and other tests after the first, seems there is a problem with 3 arteries being partially blocked. I was in Cebu when the second episode happened in October 2014 and was hospitalised for a short time. I saw a local Cardiologist, who advised I go back to Australia to get the situation rectified so I returned to Aussie in November 2014. I saw my local doctor and got a referral to a Cardiologist, he looked at the angiogram results, put me on some maintenance pills and said I could go on a waiting list for surgery … the wait time was estimated to be between 2 and 3 years.
I decided to return to Cebu in February 2015 as most of my life was already here. I kept visiting the local cardiologist regularly and continued with the maintenance meds. I experienced some discomfort at times but generally not too bad. I switched to a cardiologist local to me and continued the routine. Now some almost immediate action is needed if I am to stay in the land of the living.
Some have suggested I go back to my country but as a non resident for tax and voting purposes I lost my Medicare coverage and will need to wait for 6 months to prequalify after arriving back in Aussie even if I could afford the travel, accommodation etc … there is nothing to go back to in Aussie as I have no family to speak of there and no support base of any kind. For better or worse my life is here …
Bad shit can happen to good people in spite of their best efforts. I reckon more than a few people reading this could say, “there but for the grace of god …”
Please share this with your friends and on your groups. Any little bit helps. If you can't or don't want to help then that's okay but please consider sharing this.
Thank you for reading and considering this appeal.
- David Cornick
No updates for this campaign just yet