SG$3,860.00raised of SG$7,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
At a Glance
• abandoned ex-breeding dog, girl, estimated 4yo
• suspected lung infection, collapsed, went into cardiac arrest but luckily resuscitated
• remains in critical condition, currently under care of Mount Pleasant Veterinary Clinic
Muffin is Singaporean, and is an ex-breeding dog estimated to be 4 years of age. She lived in a cage all her life, and was solely used for breeding. She had no family and received no love from anyone, until she was finally rescued from the breeder and placed under foster care, where she spent 6 happy and fulfilling months.
Unfortunately, merci is not on her side. During her walk last night on May 28th, she collapsed and her tongue turned blue. She was rushed to the Landon Veterinary Specialist, where she received oxygen treatment and 3 shots that helped to open up her nasal passages and calm her. Soon after, she went into cardiac arrest but luckily was resuscitated. Currently, she continues to be on oxygen and is in relatively stable condition. Further to an x-ray, blood test, and ultrasound, the doctor has assessed that her heart is at fault (has become enlarged), possibly struggling to perform as intended.
At this point, the plan is the transfer her to a cardiologist for further consultation (if we manage to find portable oxygen and proper transportation to the other hospital).
Through no fault of her own, Muffin has had a rough childhood and life, but truly deserves to spend her remaining years with love and happiness. Despite the past, she's still a very friendly and cheerful girl, always seeking love and attention, and would love nothing more to be in the embrace of her human. She is always carrying a beautiful and charming smile.
We are desperately appealing for any help with her medical bills. As it stands, the current charges are already around $2000. We estimate the cost to go up to or beyond $4000 (5/31 - revised to $7000, see update #2) at the moment. We greatly appreciate any help, no amount is too small.
• ex-breeding dog Schnauzer dog, had 2 litters of puppies
• lived in a cage all her life, estimated to be 4 years of age (breeder had no idea, and did not care)
• when she was rescued, she was severely underweight, bad rashes and poor fur, and needed medication for stomach troubles
• when food was presented to her, she would finish the entire bowl within 20 seconds, as she was never fed properly
• she loved sleeping on her soft blue blanket, given in the past when she was with the breeder she only slept on the floor of her small cage
• her favorite toys are a small rope, a squeaky muffin-shaped toy, and a red Kong with a hidden treat
• generally very calm and quiet, but will excitedly jump on her hind-legs towards her favorite humans so they would pick her up and give her a hug
• great with other dogs of similar size and children, and generally anyone
• favorite food is steamed minced pork and dried beef snack
• snores when she sleeps (wakes her human up at times!)
Muffin has had an unfortunate past, but by chance and a lot of luck, she met the rescuer who found a foster home with Kassen. The rescuer and fosterer continue to work together and not rest until they see Muffin reach full recovery, and find her the best adoption family to spend her remaining years with a lot of love, care, and happiness.
* The rescuer runs a non-profit dog rescue group (see Facebook Group "Mad 'Bout Pawz")
* Kassen is Muffin's fosterer, and manager for this fund raising campaign.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or comments, thank you.
- Kassen Chu
- Campaign Owner
Muffin Update #5Update posted by Kassen Chu at 11:56 pm
Thanks everyone for your support.Muffin was having difficulty breathing on 28/5/19, admitted to Westside Emergency/Landon Veterinary Clinic and collapse by them.As per 14-Jun-2019 medical report from Mount Pleasant Gelenggang. Muffin was presented on 31/5/19 at Mount Pleasant Gelenggang. Their doctors had noted an increase in upper-airways noise, suggestive of larangeal/pharengeal. . . . .
Muffin Update #4Update posted by Kassen Chu at 04:07 am
With much relieve, we are pleased to advise that Muffin's Sunday’s CRP result shows 0.5 mg/dL, meaning her inflammation is under control and not deteriorating. We are also lucky enough to find a new fosterer, who can provide around the clock supervision and care to Muffin in case her condition. . . . .
Muffin Update #3Update posted by Kassen Chu at 02:39 pm
Hello everyone, just a quick update. We continue to monitor Muffin's condition closely, particularly the respiratory rate. Doctors have indicated that her breathing rate falls outside of the ideal target range at times. We continue to patiently wait and observe until she becomes more stable. Muffin's throat seems to give. . . . .
Muffin Update #2Update posted by Kassen Chu at 01:49 pm
Muffin was safely and successfully transferred to the Mount Pleasant hospital yesterday morning by her 2-human team Kassen (fosterer) and the rescuer. She did very well putting on a brave face and stayed calm in the car, although she remained on oxygen during the 30 min ride. Special thanks to. . . . .
Muffin Update #1Update posted by Kassen Chu at 10:22 am
Thanks everyone for your support and well wishes so far. Muffin remains in critical and high risk condition, although her condition hasn't deteriorated further. Tomorrow, May 31st, we will be transferring Muffin to the Mount Pleasant Veterinary Clinic, where she will see a cardiologist for next steps. The move itself. . . . .