At a Glance
• abandoned ex-breeding dog, girl, estimated 4yo
• suspected lung infection, collapsed, went into cardiac arrest but luckily resuscitated
• remains in critical condition, currently under care of Mount Pleasant Veterinary Clinic
Muffin is Singaporean, and is an ex-breeding dog estimated to be 4 years of age. She lived in a cage all her life, and was solely used for breeding. She had no family and received no love from anyone, until she was finally rescued from the breeder and placed under foster care, where she spent 6 happy and fulfilling months.
Unfortunately, merci is not on her side. During her walk last night on May 28th, she collapsed and her tongue turned blue. She was rushed to the Landon Veterinary Specialist, where she received oxygen treatment and 3 shots that helped to open up her nasal passages and calm her. Soon after, she went into cardiac arrest but luckily was resuscitated. Currently, she continues to be on oxygen and is in relatively stable condition. Further to an x-ray, blood test, and ultrasound, the doctor has assessed that her heart is at fault (has become enlarged), possibly struggling to perform as intended.
At this point, the plan is the transfer her to a cardiologist for further consultation (if we manage to find portable oxygen and proper transportation to the other hospital).
Through no fault of her own, Muffin has had a rough childhood and life, but truly deserves to spend her remaining years with love and happiness. Despite the past, she's still a very friendly and cheerful girl, always seeking love and attention, and would love nothing more to be in the embrace of her human. She is always carrying a beautiful and charming smile.
We are desperately appealing for any help with her medical bills. As it stands, the current charges are already around $2000. We estimate the cost to go up to or beyond $4000 (5/31 - revised to $7000, see update #2) at the moment. We greatly appreciate any help, no amount is too small.
• ex-breeding dog Schnauzer dog, had 2 litters of puppies
• lived in a cage all her life, estimated to be 4 years of age (breeder had no idea, and did not care)
• when she was rescued, she was severely underweight, bad rashes and poor fur, and needed medication for stomach troubles
• when food was presented to her, she would finish the entire bowl within 20 seconds, as she was never fed properly
• she loved sleeping on her soft blue blanket, given in the past when she was with the breeder she only slept on the floor of her small cage
• her favorite toys are a small rope, a squeaky muffin-shaped toy, and a red Kong with a hidden treat
• generally very calm and quiet, but will excitedly jump on her hind-legs towards her favorite humans so they would pick her up and give her a hug
• great with other dogs of similar size and children, and generally anyone
• favorite food is steamed minced pork and dried beef snack
• snores when she sleeps (wakes her human up at times!)
Muffin has had an unfortunate past, but by chance and a lot of luck, she met the rescuer who found a foster home with Kassen. The rescuer and fosterer continue to work together and not rest until they see Muffin reach full recovery, and find her the best adoption family to spend her remaining years with a lot of love, care, and happiness.
* The rescuer runs a non-profit dog rescue group (see Facebook Group "Mad 'Bout Pawz")
* Kassen is Muffin's fosterer, and manager for this fund raising campaign.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or comments, thank you.