We had a family business - canteen concessionaire (we rent the canteen of a company). And we recently closed it down due to the financial problems that we faced during the nationwide price increase of goods and services wherein we were not allowed to increase the price of the foods we serve. This caused us to spend our emergency fund just to pay off our bills and suppliers.
We are six in the family. My mother is a housewife, and my father is a full-time church volunteer. My father is trying to start a small hog-raising business. My mother's aunt, who is a senior citizen, is living with us. I have a sister who is almost done is her college education (she is a B.S. in Nursing in a private school); and a brother who is almost done in his secondary education (he is in Grade 12 taking GAS strand) and he is planning to take up veterinarian medicine for his college education (public school). And I am an undergraduate because I stopped my college education two years ago to help out in our family business (the one I mentioned earlier) and to give way to my siblings' studies.
Right now, I have plans to resume my college education but I do not want to be a burden to my parents which is why I am trying to reach out to other people and ask for help. I will give 20% of the funds that I will get from this to my parents to be able to help them with their small hog-raising business, which will be the source of my siblings' educational expenses. The other 80% will be my startup investment for the catering & events business that I initially planned. I will resume my college education when I can finally afford to do so without bothering my parents.
You may be thinking if the amount that will be left to me could or would suffice as an investment. To be honest, it could not and it would not. I believe that while I can freely ask for help from everybody who is reading this right now, I should not leave it all up to them. While I am eternally grateful of all of you for the help that you are willing to donate, I believe it is my duty, obligation, and responsibility to work my way up and in turn, be of help to someone in need.
Your monetary donation will be greatly appreciated. But your prayers will be equally appreciated. Any kind of help will never go unnoticed. I am more than thankful that you took time to read my story. May God throw open the floodgates of heaven that you will not have room enough to store His blessings.
Have a great day!
With so much gratitude,