My daughter, Ivanné, was born on the 12th of June 2018. The doctors found, what they believed to be a malfunctioning kidney at birth and options has been explored since then. The issue is that the kidney wasn’t draining, so they decided to put a stent in to help the kidney with drainage. This helped and it brought the swelling down, but we still had issues with Infections persisting. She spend most of her live already in hospital due to these infections. Finally since the kidney started draining properly, they found a 3rd kidney on her left hand side, so she’s got 3 kidneys, the 3rd one is “dead”, this is causing all our issues, we think.
The doctors decided to do invasive surgery to remove the “dead” kidney, but they can’t do anything until she is completely infections free, which is the reason why she is in hospital now.
Our concern is, and the thing that gives a father sleepless nights is the fact that our medical aid declined the claim from the hospital on this, so with the surgery still ahead of us, we need to take it on ourselves to pay for it.
I have no idea how much we will need, but I know that there is no amount that is too much for my daughters health.