In May this year me and my wife needed to make the toughest decision of our life. Either leave Norway or loose our children.
It all started in April when our son was at his 4 year control. They found him to be overweight. This was something that we had been concerned about for a while and we had already been in contact with our pediatrician for help. Unfortunately this school nurse that handled the check up did not see us as fit parents and reported us to the Barnevern ( Norwegian social services for children).
She stated that we denied help and the mother seemed uncaring and cold. She also had gone around collecting "evidence" in his kindergarten stating that our son had engaged unwanted play activity, such as making a gun out of legoblocks and pretending too shoot people.
These statements were read to us at the meeting with Barnevernet, and at that point I didn't know whether to get angry or just start out laughing. But I knew were this was headed.
You see my wife is Filipina, and most cases reported to social services that involve foreign mothers, the will most likely end up with taking our children away. Why? Because of the fear that the mother might flee the country with the child.
If you are not familiar with this institution, let me update you on a few media cases
So we did exactly what they were afraid of.
The very same night we had the meeting, me and my wife booked a plainticket and moved to the Philippines.
We had mortgage a vacation home there a couple of years ago in Cavite and my wife's sister is living here with us now. The plan was to spend more time there on holidays or retirement, but we did not plan on anything right now.
In Norway were home prices are extremely high at the moment, I was saving up to buy something there as well. Unfortunately this money is now being used to survive in the Philippines.
I have been searching for business ideas that could generate a good income for our family but we need your help.
I'm starting a transportation business in my local area, and to do this I've made a downpayment on a van and applied for a loan. But it seems like this is never going to happen.
The bank keeps telling us everything is ok, but after we deposited over 115 000 php suddenly they want more papers and more downpayment before they can release the car. Always some excuse.
The amount in stated would cover the whole car without having to deal with the banks here but any help would be warmly welcomed till we atleast can figure out our future here.
So if you have any change to spare for a father who couldnt imagine living without his son and 4 month old daughter, I would be very grateful.