I'm Andre Samuels, a 27 year old graphic designer in Jamaica. I've been doing graphics for some time now and the problem is this really... At times when I do get projects to do, people would say they will pay me after the event and so on but never do and other times they just take the design all together and go to somewhere else to print them and you can guess the look on my face when you pass your artwork on the road and you haven't been paid for it.
When I try to get them to do a 50% deposit or pay in full they won't do that and i can't earn money to buy stuff like a printer or tablet so i can do some digital painting effects. At the moment the only thing happening for me is getting into fights with my parents due because I'm using soooo my power with my laptop being on, always fighting about the light bill, even tho i try to explain to them that people aren't paying me for me work.
It was just a month ago I said to myself I'm done with graphics but found myself still practicing for some reason, smh.
The laptop I'm currently using is a (HP 15, windows 10) and never used a Tablet in any of my designs. Currently I've fixed this laptop 6 times already from "blue screen of death" and twice from completely not turning on for 2 weeks and a month little after. Maybe due because I'm stressing the system too much....
I want to create a business that provide a service to the world, no matter who or where you are as well as a service to Jamaica's small business owners/starters who need some way of promoting their business all over Jamaica.
The funds will go towards a number of things such as:
* 5 in 1 Digital Heat Press Machine (for printing on T-shirts, mugs, hats)
* Zebra ZP 455/450 CD Lable printer (for printing on cd's)
* Penpower Inc. Digital Graphic Tablet
* Canon DSLR Camera (taking pictures of events and clients for future use)
* ADATA 500GB USB 3.0 Black Exernal Hard Drive
* Xerox Docucolor 242 Copier Printer Scanner with network and Booklet finisher (basically an all-in one printer that does everything)
* Windows/Mac Desktop (A labtop is ok for print design but when I try to make promo videos for events i get the worst playback and it's very hard to edit videos on a laptop)
I hope the details above is to your liking and any information you wish to know feel free to ask any, for I am here to answer you. My full bio and educational background can be found on my website. Please remember even $50 can help get me closer to starting this business THANK YOU ALL.