October 19, 2017 my husband and I filed for his adjustment of status and my petition for spouse, we waited until June of this year to get an appointment for our interview, unfortunately due to the date June 26th of the appointment, we immediately asked to be rescheduled, because there was documents from the UK we needed to obtain that would take more time than we had. We followed up every week for three weeks, making sure we documented everything, on June 21st, USCIS finally put in a service request for a reschedule, on July 2nd we received a letter stating the request was denied on June 22nd for unsupported evidence, the letter is postmarked for June 29th, three days after the original interview date, which was now passed. We immediately contacted USCIS, they weren’t able to help us and advised we book an infopass appointment at the local office, which we did. On July 9th we received the denial letters for both cases that were denied on July 2nd for “abandoning the interview”, the day we received the denial for the request for rescheduling the interview, we made inquiries to why they were denied and received little to no information. We contacted our State Representative, which yesterday July 16th, we were told they couldn’t help us. Today July 17th, we attended the infopass appointment to ask to have the case reopened, the USCIS officer was rude and denied our request to reopen the case in the office, which we had been told by an attorney, they have the authority to do. He then said we needed to file a motion to have case reopened, unfortunately, doing this places Aaron into an unlawful status and at risk to be deported. We have until the 27th of this month to raise the $1500 for all the fees/and postage to reapply and keep my husband in the states with his family. Aaron and I are so lucky to have crossed paths and to found one another, by chance on a video game called “Destiny”. We have been married as most of you know since June of 2017 and have lived together as a solid family since July of 2017, if we cannot come up with the money (which he can no longer work on his original work authorization, it was revoked on July 2nd) he will be forced to leave back to the UK, leaving our family shattered, my best friend gone, my youngest sons only father ripped from him. Our lives have been flipped upside down because negligence of one person in a company that is suppose to be working for you. We have already spent in excess of $2500 doing this process and financially, on one income, we cannot come up with the money. I ask from the bottom of my heart (I don’t put myself out here like this to ask for help), but I am humbly asking that you consider helping us keep our family together and keep the only father my son has even known, with us as we are meant to be.
Thank you for everything and anything you can help with, with heartfelt gratitude,
Gina and Aaron