SG$910.00raised of SG$700.00 goal goal
Hi everyone, I am a Senior Early Intervention Educator working with children with special needs. As part of a Home Support Initiative, I am in the midst of setting up play spaces in the homes of 2 of my students with special needs, who are from low discretionary income families.
Student 1 Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder & Global Developmental Delay.
Student 2 Diagnosis: Retinopathy of Prematurity (Visual Impairment - severe lack of vision)
We are looking to purchase 2 sets of toy shelves/organisers, bookshelves, tables, chairs and play mats. Excess donations, if any, would go into purchasing meaningful and functional toys / resources for these students who play and learn differently from their neurotypical peers.
These toys & resources would include:
- Picture puzzles
- Large figurines (animals, vehicles, sea creatures, etc)
- Fruit/vegetable/cooking toys
- Toys with lights
- Art materials (crayons, paints, jumbo colour pencils, sponge rollers)
- Lego/Construction blocks
- Musical instruments/toys that produce sounds
- Books that are not content heavy and are more visual.
- Books with auditory response
- Textured fabric (sequins, fuzzy, soft, fluffy, etc)
We intend to support these students and change out their toys every few months, till they graduate.
Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
*Receipts will be provided at the end of the month to donors, after these play spaces have been set up.
No updates for this campaign just yet