My Objectives are:
1. Provide healthy food to the community
2. Provide employment to the population
I therefore did my research on what I should do.
1. I have an acre of land in Kiambu
2. I have a source of water
3. I have two daily cows.
How will this happen:
Pig farming is a profitable venture here in Kenya. I have done my research and I am certain that the business will be profitable.
1. Start with 3 pigs each at USD 500 Total 1500
2. Building at USD 1000
3. Six(6) months feeds until maturity Total USD 1000
4. Man power USD 140 per month- Six months 840
5. Balance- Transport, seedlings, land preparation, tools etc
Revenue 3 Pigs will produce 12piglets each - total 36piglets each giving 100KGS after 6 months Total Kg 3600
Farmers choice rate- 2.45USD/KG = for 36pig total revenue after 6 months= USD 8820
Milk sale- 0.6USD/l with an intention of producing 60 litres per day = USD 36 per day and USD 1080 per month
Stage One (1) Pig Farming = USD 8820 or Ksh. 882,2000 less Ksh. 500,000 = 383,200.00
Stage Two (2) Pig Farming = USD 8820 of Ksh. 882,200 less Ksh. 400,000 = 482,200.00
Total Revenue per month- 1080 USD or Ksh. 108,000 per month less Ksh. 50,000 expenses
1. The manure will be used at the garden to grow other plants for consumption and sale.
2. They will help the cows and production of milk for sale will go up. I will aslo manage to add more daily cows
3. I will provide jobs for atleast 8 people when the project is up and running. There will people at the farm, others will be in the marketing and transportation of the products.
Targeting 50 people/ investors each to contribute USD. 100
ROI( return on investment) will be 10% pm to be paid after 12 months( maximum)