- Hello good people! My name is Luka and I am struggling photographer from the third world country called Serbia. With pure intentions and complete honesty I'll explain you why am I here and why I need your help.
- This story starts in 2012, when I finished college and ended up with Masters degree in Applied Photography, but also ended up with 9 y.o. laptop and without faculty camera or any personal photo equipment. For 3 years I worked as receptionist in a camping site in Montenegro and in 2016 I managed to save enough to buy used laptop, Nikon D750 and Sigma 35mm 1.4.
- For the past 4 years I worked everywhere and everything when it comes to photography business (teaching, studio, writing projects, weddings, festivals, pets, stock etc.) only with a single 35mm lens and sometimes with borrowed 105mm. Since average salary in Serbia is around 350€ (not counting politicians) I had to start working a second job as well just to pay the bills... I became welder and started working in metal workshop, parallel with photography.
- In order to start working full time as a professional photographer and to be able to achieve the same standard as competition, I have to acquire at least 2 additional lenses ( wide angle 14-24mm and portrait 85mm ) and computer with good editing capabilities as well... Equipment doesn't have to be new, but it has to be high quality and honestly guys I'm afraid that this is my last resort... Banks won't give me a loan because I'm part time welder on minimum wage and I simply can't put anything on the side to save, especially now with this Covid-19 situation.
- So it comes to this... I am 31 y.o. nature lover and cosmos admirer, with Masters degree and artistic eye, rock solid business plan and necessary experience to execute it, but short on essential equipment that's needed for serious work and serious clients...
- I have never done this before, and honestly I don't really know what to expect, but I believe that everything is possible and that good things come when least expected. Hopefully people will see the beauty and quality in my work, and relize that I am a photographer worth supporting.
- One thing that crossed my mind was that I could send my photographs (in full res) to people who are able and willing to fund me, just as a small token of appreciation. For anybody interested in some nice wallpaper or background etc. , feel free to roam through my galleries and email me with screenshot request.
My galleries can be found on:
@sportovi_i_rekreacija (my sport photography page in development)
@campingmaslina (promotion of brands and businesses)
- Shutterstock - Luka Djuricic
- GuruShots - Лука Ђуричић
- 500px - Лука Ђуричић
- EDUCATION -
- Faculty of Applied Arts, section Applied Photography 2007 - 2012, Belgrade
- High school of Arts and Crafts, section Restoration of Cultural Heritage 2003 -2007, Sabac
- Additional info about me (something I'm proud of and why should I be funded) :)
- Three years ago, my wife Aleksandra (she is a kindergarten teacher) and I began the process of creating our personal paradise on this planet, a place to live and to grow old together, a place to call home. We brought small, very cheap piece of land in the village called Vukosic, not far from the city, and we started renovating an old house little by little. With a lot of positive energy and a lot of positive thinking we finally moved in last year in November. I must say that it was the best decision we ever made!
- So, why am I writing this? :)
- Well... besides my dear Aleksandra, nature is the biggest inspiration to me! So now, when I'm completely immersed and empowered by it, with perfect partner such as Aleks on my side and mutual aspirations in expanding our family, I am fully confident and more than motivated to give my best and finally establish myself as a professional photographer.
goal is clear and inevitably achievable, it's bound to happen. Just,
with your help, it's achievable much, much sooner, without yet another
several years of existential problems.
- Thank you for taking your time and reading this. Whether you want to participate in this funding or not, I sincerely wish you all the best.