WHO WE ARE
We are a family united and working together to "make a difference" within our communities and society.
"Active Participants of Change"!
This fundraiser was set up in the hope to transform and build impoverished families, especially single mothers, within the society system and class of South Africa.
"Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet here, so let us all start making a difference today"!
Our purpose is to facilitate a platform to eradicate the imbalances and hardships of today's society, to provide a better quality of life and reinstall a functional, respectful and positively charged society.
"We reach out to those in need and lend a helping hand to lessen the burdens and struggles faced daily"!
Being a parent is one of the hardest things one can do and raising children as a single mother is even more difficult. Single parents take on the stress of raising children by themselves causing significant emotional strain as well as the overwhelming financial stress and when this is added to the lack of tools needed to progress or the opportunity to go out there and find your way, you fall into a state of devastation that leads to utter despair and suicide. We are especially dedicated to helping single mothers to get through their difficult financial issues by providing financial support for a period of time until they are back on their feet and self-supportive, so that they can focus on raising their children in a happy and stress free environment.
To source funding for this "fundraiser campaign" and get the word out there by way of social media. To create awareness in order to eradicate this huge problem and get our mothers off the streets with their children, where they are also subjected to rape and abuse - a crime ridden country of corruption and unfairness, where women especially are left behind and not given equal opportunities to thrive and grow!
WHAT WE PLAN TO DO WITH FUNDS RECEIVED
- Source and purchase property that can be converted into a commune for homeless and single mothers.
- Our planning is to go "green" and "off-the-grid" by living in a self-sufficient manner without reliance on one or more public utilities, one example would be the use of solar energy for electricity. To significantly reduce our carbon footprint, reduce waste and conserve energy - grid-free is eco-friendly!
- Our initial project will start off with about 50 rooms to accommodate 50 families at a time, all equipped with basic furniture, bedding, etc. and each room will be big enough to accommodate a mother, with minimum one child and maximum three - each mother and child/children will be put up in the commune for a period of three months, while assisting them in sourcing employment, become financially self-supportive and get back on their feet...to restore their dignity and peace of mind!
- The facility will have a big enough communal kitchen - this kitchen will be shared amongst all residents to prepare meals for themselves and children with food/stock donated or purchased from funds received. The kitchen will also be utilized to teach and train mothers to prepare healthy meals with fresh ingredients and cheaper alternatives, while learning to minimize food wastage - they will be taught to cook simple and delicious meals - they will be taught kitchen responsibility and functions, stock, menu planning, preparation and serving, while learning to maintain quality standards, safety and sanitation. This training will serve well to those mothers interested in pursuing employment in the food industry.
- A total of 25 fully equipped bathrooms, each with shower, toilet and basin will be assigned to every two bedrooms, for two mothers and their respective children to share.
- The commune will house a computer room, with various computers and equipment needed for mothers to use the internet, etc. in order to prepare CV's and submit for employment opportunities. We will also look into offering basic computer training to those who are not computer literate - for this we hope to source volunteers who will dedicate their time and skills.
- The commune will also house a play area or recreation center for the children, with a TV and videos to keep them entertained, puzzles, games, etc. while mothers are busy.
- Last but not least, the property will have a well maintained garden with garden furniture and an outside play area for children with a jungle gym, swings and various play equipment and toys. A little haven where both mothers and children can relax, feel at peace and be happy with no worries for a while, but most importantly, a place where they can feel comfortable and protected before they find their way to a new and fulfilled life and home!
The commune will be run by our family who will dedicate their time and love, offer assistance and support in order to make the lives of those in need hopeful and more meaningful - we will welcome volunteers who are willing to dedicate their free time and offer assistance in any way or form, once we are ready to open our doors!
Please help us to achieve this dream with a kind donation, no matter how small...
We would like to ask that every kind, generous and compassionate soul out there, from anywhere in the world, assist us in the "one coin" challenge ... DONATE 1 Dollar, 1 Euro, 1 Pound and then SHARE this post ... imagine the potential and the difference in the lives of so many helpless mothers who send their children to bed hungry and cry themselves to sleep at night!
We know what you are thinking ... "What difference will my 1 coin make"? ... And the answer is that it will actually make a huge difference because combined with everyone else's 1 coin, we will have lots of "Pennies From Heaven"!!!
On a final note, we will be posting regular updates as funds are received, for all to see and be a part of our progress and journey!
Without YOUR generosity, we will not be able to accomplish and bring to fruition this much needed project.
God Bless from the Pennies From Heaven Family Foundation.