Joey’s Feline Friends (JFF) is a 501(3)(c) non-profit, no-kill shelter and rescue organization dedicated to the care of abused, abandoned, and physically-challenged cats and kittens on the island of O‘ahu, Hawai‘i (Tax ID #99-0339218).
Since our inception, we have adopted out several hundred felines annually (to all islands in Hawai‘i, except Ni‘ihau), provided shelter to over 3,000, and services to 3,500. JFF has provided high-quality, compassionate care for hundreds of terminally ill felines and facilitated numerous spay/neuter services for colony and shelter cats. In addition, we have assisted in local rescues and provided consultation on a wide variety of feline issues.
Currently, there are over 300+ felines of all colors, ages, and personalities at our shelter who are looking to be adopted into responsible, loving, "furr-ever" homes. The average monthly cost to feed, shelter, and care for a single JFF cat: $35+ (not including any medical complications that may arise).
As a privately-owned and operated entity, we greatly rely on donations to help cover the care and needs of all of our wonderful felines (food, litter, medical bills, etc.). Any and all donations are always very much appreciated & tax-deductible!
In recent years, we have experienced a dramatic surge in our shelter population due to previously adopted kittens and cats being returned to us. We aren't currently accepting any new intakes, but we receive a number of "returnees" every week.
With this rise in our shelter population, JFF has seen an alarming increase in our workload and monthly expenses, particularly our vet bill. At the same time, the problem has been compounded by the loss of several longtime, generous donors in recent years.
OTHER WAYS TO KOKUA (HELP)
1) You can also MAIL your tax-deductible donation via check, money order, and/or Costco gift card to:
Joey's Feline Friends
47-591 Halemanu St.
K?ne‘ohe, HI 96744
2) We accept one-time and monthly RECURRING DONATIONS via PayPal. Please visit http://www.joeysfelinefriends.com and click on the "Subscribe" button on the right side of the page. It's fast, easy, and - if you sign up for monthly donations - it gets deducted out of your checking or savings account automatically!
3) VOLUNTEER at our shelter! We welcome individuals/groups who want to come volunteer at the shelter to help clean, feed/water, and play/socialize with our numerous feline residents! Due to the design of the shelter, individuals/groups must be able to walk up and down stairs.
4) Looking to ADOPT a cat? We have MANY available! Take a look at and help spread the word about your adoptable felines at our shelter, Pearl City PETCO, or online at:
5) Use GOODSEARCH.com as your online search engine! It's fast, free, and when you select JFF as your cause, each online search you complete results in a small donation to us!
6) JFF has an AMAZON.com Wish List of food, supplies, and toys: