Help repair and renovate PAWS shelters for stray dogs and cats in Mauritius.
Help us care better for our little angels rescued from the streets by providing them with proper shelter.
At any one time we have around 200 dogs and cats in our two shelters in the South (Union Vale) and in the North (Lower Vale) of the island.
PAWS is a no-kill shelter, all rescued animals are cared for until they find a loving home and family.
We are in urgent need of the following shelter repairs and improvements:
- Kennel doors won't close properly and need to be repaired in both shelters
- Kennels fencing need to be replaced as they are damaged in several places
- Repair the cattery roof in the North shelter which leaks when it rains
- Build concrete kennels in 2 of the adult dogs enclosures so the dogs have proper shelter from rain and sun
- Add a cement floor in 2 adult kennels in our South shelter as it gets really muddy or dusty depending on weather
- Repair water evacuation in North shelter
- Add ventilation in quarantine kennels in our North shelter as it gets very hot in summer
Thank you for lending a paw!