Between friends, co-workers and myself we aim to raise money for a local charity in Cyprus to help with cancer care and wellbeing.
Our aim is to help them with their goal and raise funds to support those that require it.
To achive this, we will be taking part in the Larnaca Marathon and Half-Marathon which will take place in November.
PASYKAF (The Cyprus Association of Cancer Patients and Friends), was founded in 1986 by cancer patients, their families and friends. The mission of the Association is to improve the quality of life of cancer patients and of their families and to promote public awareness regarding the prevention and early detection of cancer. PASYKAF runs annual campaigns about cancer prevention and detection and provides patients and their families with the following main services:
Home Nursing and Palliative Care
• 24hour Specialised Nursing and Palliative Care in Nicosia and Limassol
• Psychosocial Support
• Lymphoedema Clinics
• Post Treatment Support Center ‘Afetiria’
• Day Care Centers
• Practical Assistance in matters of Social Welfare
• Patient Transport
• Enlightenment for prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of cancer
• Smoking Cessation Program
All Services and Programs are offered free of charge.