₱5,000.00Donated So Far
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
The past month had been and is still a challenge for our family.
2 weeks ago, our dear Papa Danny or Popsidoodles as we would fondly call him started having difficulty in breathing and he also complained about feeling bloated. When he mentioned that, we immediately bought him his oxygen and meds for whenever he starts having asthma attacks. For everyone who knows papa, he would usually just brush off whatever he's feeling and simply would not tell us because if he did, we will bring him to the hospital. This he dreads, just the idea of going to the hospital brought him fear. But this time, he already asked to be hospitalized as his situation didn't improve. His abdomen started getting bigger and heavier, reason why he only spent his days lying down and sleeping. He was then brought to the hospital and was later on diagnosed with Ascites, Atrial Fibrillation and Acute Liver Injury. He got better and was later on allowed to go home to recuperate. He was doing better, we already felt relieved as he started showing energy and he already started playing with his apos, Bea and Andray. Until last weekend, he began breathing heavily again, he couldn't sleep anymore. He was looking down the entire night and his skin color darkened already. That's when he had to be rushed back to the hospital at around 11:30 PM. He was first brought to a hospital here in Carmona, there it was later on found out that his Oxygen already dropped to just 25, he can no longer be accommodated because the hospital's already at full capacity. Same situation when he was brought to another hospital, no more rooms/facilities. He was then brought to Perpetual Hospital, hoping he can be accommodated as we were racing for his life. My Mama already begged for them to provide even just a first aid to extend his life. Luckily he was allowed to stay in the Emergency Room, he was given high-flow oxygen treatment, though his oxygen level improved, it was still below the normal oxygen level. He had to be intubated while waiting for and ICU room to be freed up. After a day of waiting, he finally got transferred to an ICU room where he's being treated alone. We can't be with Papa, while we are all praying for him to get better and to overcome this battle, he's technically alone as circumstances are different these days. Although his condition is not Covid-related, he had to be isolated from us. We can't be there physically to help him get through this. It pains us knowing that Papa has been the best father/father figure, husband, lolo, friend to everyone and had been around to help but we can't be with him in this trying time.
We are all humbly asking for your help as his daily hospital fees are getting bigger. To date, our bill is already running at 250K (2 days-worth).
- Mary Irish Camille Baltero Porto
- Campaign Owner
UpdateUpdate posted by Mary Irish Camille Baltero Porto at 02:43 pm
As of July 30, Papa's doctor just sent us an update. He's no longer intubated! Although he's still in ICU and will be under a 24-hour observation to gauge if he can already breathe on his own.