Roxas, Palawan is where Typhoon Odette made its last landfall. It was the first time that northern Palawan was hit this hard. We need supply of food and water for families who lost their homes. Situation is very difficult:
• All 31 barangays in Roxas are severely damaged or leveled to the ground
• Houses are destroyed and families are displaced
• No electricity. All power lines and electric poles fell on the ground
• Puerto Princesa City went dark as cell sites collapsed. The city is important as it is where the Provincial Capitol is located.
• Almost 8 bridges connecting northern Palawan and the capital, Puerto Princesa City, also collapsed. People now need to cross ravaging rivers and walk almost 43 km to reach a clear road. Travel time from Puerto to Roxas which was normally 2hrs now takes almost 12hrs
• Landslide everywhere!
• Transportation of aid and supplies is difficult if not impossible due to the collapsed bridge
• Soon, gas stations will run out of supply which is necessary to power generators
Our prayer: Tagan no kami i ta ame na kinanglan na pagkaan ta anduni na adlaw (Give us this day our daily bread).