He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15
Who am I?
My name is Garconița Ovidiu. I am 19 and I am from Cantemir, Moldova. This year I graduated high school. I had the grace to be raised and educated in a Christian family. I am the oldest from our family and I have other 6 siblings and from childhood I knew a lot about Jesus, but I actually did not have a relationship with Him. But in one day when I was at camp for kids I testified my sins and I gave my live to Jesus. Now there are about 2 years since I have made a covenant with Jesus through baptism.
I served God in worship with my voice and with instruments since I was a child. I am also involved in different church activities, kids program, evangelism and helping people that are in need.
Every year I am in mission here in Moldova with different Teams from USA and Ireland. We are visiting poor people and we help them and share with them the Gospel. In the spring of 2019 I played a role in a musical, named “Joseph and the Amazing Tehnicolor Coat”, directed by Richard Montez and its purpose was to evangelize the locals from the Nisporeni city.
I didn’t had the opportunity to serve God at global level, but this year I want to do that.
What is Logos Hope?
It is a ship that has the goal to enrich the knowledge of people, to help them and to give them a new hope in Jesus Christ. Navigating from one port to another, the crew experiments the needs of the world and they are ready to help by donating goods, by building a house, by medical assistance etc., practically showing God’s love for mankind.
Why Logos hope but not university or job?
This year I graduated high school and like everyone I asked myself: “What I need to do next ?” and like every young boy I wanted to have a good life, to go to an university, get a job, have a good house, a nice car and a blessed family. But in one day God spoke me and asked me : “Do you think that this is the meaning of life? Do you think that I have placed you on earth for your comfort?”. Then I realized that God wants me and each of us to serve people and to make His name known all around the world. So then I was looking for the right place where to serve God. Then one of my friends ,Cristi, told me that he has the same desire, also about Logos Hope. And I feel so blessed and so happy that I can join this ship and for opportunity and the grace to share the Gospel with the nations.
On the 20th of August I will attend OM’s Global Orientation Conference and after that on the 1st of September I will be flying to the ship’s location in Brazil(the schedule of the ship’s upcoming ports are at this address https://bit.ly/32gYoaD ). A big part the mission of the ship next year is visiting different ports in Latin America where the crew can mobilize, motivate and challenge local churches to global intercession and to send missionaries to the nations.I also believe that God will guide me where to go after this year of missions.
You can contribute with*:
1. Prayer Support.Your prayers mean a lot to me andyou will have the opportunity to partner with me in mission by praying.
2. Monthly Financial Support.To be able to serve with the Logos Hope’ crew I need 250 €/month. I wanted to kindly ask you to prayerfully consider supporting monthly with 10, 20, 30 euros or any other sum you might be able to, over 1 year period. This way you will support the ministry of God that I was called to do in this year of missions. (every cent matters!!!).
3. Start up money.I need about 1500€ to be able to participate to the GO Conference**, for the medical insurance and for the plane ticket to the ship’s location
*Without your support I will not be able to go on the mission!
**10 day conference (starts on August 20) that has the goal to prepare missionaries for their mission field. After this conference I will fly to the ship’s location
Please pray :
1. For the preparation for Logos Hope
2. For finances for the medical insurance, monthly support, for the GO Conference and for the plane ticket
3. For me to be a light for those who don’t know Jesus
4. That I do not suffer from side effects from the vaccines
5. That God will pour out His Holy Spirit on me
6. For my friends and my family that I will leave for 1 year
7. For my future(to be sure where is that place where God wants to see me).
Thank you so much for taking
time and reading this letter. It’s also ok if you can’t support me financially,
and in this case would you lift me in prayer asking God to send his provision?
If you decide to do so, please let me know. Please feel free to ask any
e-mail: [email protected]
Facebook: Garconita Ovidiu
Thank you for your support! I Bless You in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ !