Thanks for visiting my first fundraising site ever. This donation campaign is supporting the first overseas missions trip I have ever been on. Here's the run down:
I’ve been accepted to go to China with a fine group of Grade 11’ers from Carver Christian High School from Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, to do some volunteer work in China. The Carver Team will have opportunities to minister to the Chinese people through service, children's programs, sharing testimonies, teaching English, helping and working alongside Cultural Regeneration Research Society, visiting orphanages and seniors homes, and various other activities.
I have already contributed my personal savings and have managed to apply for a number of summer jobs but was unsuccessful in finding an open position. I continue my efforts by doing things such as collecting recyclables and helping with odd jobs such as helping with renovations.
My fundraising goal is $3,250 which I will need by December 2015 to finalize plans and guarantee tickets. I will be leaving for China in March of 2016. If I can get 130 people to donate $25 or more (the amount will be totally up to you though) I will be able to meet my fundraising goal. Here’s how you can contribute:
- Substitute 10 days of store bought coffee drinking with a 25$ donation (or more if you so choose)
- Forward my link to as many people as soon as you can
- I am open to being employed as a general laborer or a worker at a minimum rate of 10$/hour
- You can commission me to construct a desktop windows PC for you
- If for some reason, the fundraising exceeds my original goal amount, I will redirect these monies towards any outstanding amounts the team needs to meet prior to the trip. Again, tax receipts are available for this option.
Your contribution will help build community by joining in a common effort to be encouraging and supportive to those who are especially vulnerable. You will also be helping in strengthening the character and friendship of our team.
Keep posted for my updates. I am looking forward to your support, prayers and feedback. If you want to contact me my email is [email protected]