I am appealing for funds to start an organic food production business.Your donations will make a huge impact in helping people live healthier lives and create employment for the marginalized rural folk as well as making sure that freshier and tastier food is always available on the market at affordable prices.
Organic Food Production Campaign
In line with Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) I have come up with the idea to start organic farming as a form of business.In brief organic farming is the production of food without the use of synthetic chemicals or genetically modified components.
Organic foods are not necessarily chemical free but the pesticide residue will be significantly lower than those found in produce manufactured with synthetic chemicals.Most people nowadays prefer organically produced foods because they are concerned about pesticides additives,antibiotics or other chemical residues and believe organic food is healthier.Another reason include concerns with the impact of conventional farming methods on bio-diversity and the environment and the ethical treatment of livestock.
How the campaign will operate
The land that is going to be utilised to carry out the organic food production activities is situated in Dora communal lands which is 14kilometres away from the city centre and it measures 2000 square meters.Its proximity to the city centre ensures delivery of fresh produce to the customers.The produce to be grown on the plot include garlic,leafy vegetables,carrots and fruits all of which are in high demand.For fertilisers we will use dead plant leaves and other organic matter like chicken manure.The chicken manure will be obtained from the organic chickens that we will be rearing on the plot.These organic chickens will also serve as source of eggs and meat as well as fertilised eggs for incubation purposes.The profits made from selling these organic produce will help us self sustain in future.
How the donated funds will be used
The funds will be used to procure the following items;
- Drilling of a 60 meter deep borehole(the water will be drawn by means of a solar pump into two 5000 litre water reservoirs)
- Installation of 2x5000 litre water tanks
- Installation drip irrigation system for efficient use of water(no wastage of water)
- Installation of a solar system for lighting and incubation of eggs(cleaner source of energy)
- Seedlings(garlic and carrots) to plant over 600 square meters portion of land
- 350 egg capacity incubator
- Free range chickens(50 pullets and 10 corks)
- Material to renovate the chicken shelter measuring 6,5x12meters
- The fence to divide the chicken shelter and the nutrition gardens
- Operational costs incurred during the start up phase(transport,labour and advertising costs)
- A big thank you for al thosel who are going to help.We greatly appreciate your support.