- Project Name = OLO HOME-ArT ECOCAPSULE
- Project owner = SENAT EGI (COLOVIC)
- Project Type = Architectural Design – Wood ArT ECOCAPSULE HOME DESIGN
- Project Space = TURKEY
- Project Time = 2020
- Project Theme= To not only meet the housing needs of people living on the streets throughout the year but, especially to provide such needs during harsh winter conditions. While doing so, at the same time to provide an environment which promotes opportunities for artists/artisans to perform their artistic productions and interaction with the homeless and refugees.
- Project Philosophy = This is an Artistic civil disobedience project. It is an attempt to immediately produce a concrete solution as an alternative to all the work being done in this regard to meet urgent humanitarian needs in the community. This project is a socio/art project which is targeted to restore homeless people who have been forced out of the community back into society thru positive rehabilitation with the creativity and universal conciousness of volunteer artists.
What is OLO ?
OLO are PEOPLE who are living on the street and have lost their family or homes due to domestic violence, poverty, loss of loved ones and many other reasons that may not come to mind. At the same time, OLO also includes PEOPLE and families who have been forced to the leave the place they reside due to crisises such as war and are trying to resume their lives.
WHAT is OLO HomeArT ECOCAPSULE?
- The OLO HomeArt Eco-Capsule is a minimal architectural design structure which has been designed in harmony with nature in which 100% wood materials have been preferred and consisting of recycled materials. This structure allows a venue for young volunteer artists/artisans to come together with the homeless or refugees to perform their artistic productions and enable rehabilitation while simultaneously providing a safe haven in difficult climatic conditions during their transition back into society.
- According to official figures, nearly 4 million people have left their homes because of the civil war in Syria; of which 1.8 million have been forced to be homeless and nationless. Due to people’s living conditions and their immigration situation sheltering has become a serious problem. They are struggling to just survive. Together with them not losing their commitment to life; but with the upcoming cold winter days, housing needs for these individuals has become a serious issue. This is also the case for the homeless and applies to people needing assistance to be restored back into society. (for more information: http://www.unhcr.org.t)
- The main objective is to assist their adaptation to communal living. To protect their most primal right being the right to life and physical safety against climatic conditions and various external threats (fascist racist attacks).
- The project also adopts the goal to rehabilitate the homeless people back into society with ecocapsule workshops in which artists and young artistans alike can interact in artistic production with these individuals. It will also serve an artistic goal in which people can question the reality of the world they live in.
- As the invasion of individual rights by political authorities, regardless of political idealogy, increases by each day; in opposition to this, the key aim of our project is to build a brighter future thru expanding artistic production and its integration with the public.
- Art is the soul of humanity… The task of restoring individuals who have lost their homes and dreams back into society is a task best fit for artists/artisans. This task requires a higher conscious, commitment, effort, enlightenment and a brave stance regarding the future. This task requires a human touch.
- The artists who will perform their artistic production in the ecocapsule workshop; will later assist the homeless in meeting their daily needs which will be met from the proceeds to be obtained from these works.
- Therefore, helping them to adapt quickly to communal living is one of our most important goals.
- During the first stage, we plan to strategically place our ecocapsules in a minimum of 100 locations and together with 100 of our artist volunteers we aim to provide a production environment and shelter for approximately 400 people. The maximum number of ecocapsules set for the first stage of production is limited to 500.
- Architectural Design Features
- • Designed as an Owl face, ecocapsules shelters are wooden architectural structures of 5m width, 4m depth and 3m height (5mx4mx3m) able to meet the housing needs of a maximum of 4 persons and one artist’s work space.
- • The capsule has been planned and designed to consist of two separate areas. The first area for the housing needs and the second as a rehabilitation area to produce artwork.
- • In general the outdoor production materials consisting of all wood materials will be provided by senad egi design wood workshop in accordance to the project details..
- The capsules are designed with a solar energy system. Electrical energy will be provided thru solar panels and wind energy.
- The capsules are designed with a water storage system that stores and purifies rain water situated on the exterior of the capsule.
- The capsules overall design is suitable for outdoor use.
- The capsules have been designed to be covered with a thermal insulation system.
- The capsule’s ventilation system is provided by large windows on the doors which provides air circulation.
- Interior Features
- • 1. capsule shelter space 2.capsule workshop space
- • 1.capsule housing area with 2 separate double beds (2 persons each total housing for 4 persons) shelf systems located on walls. vinyl bedcovers and quilt blankets areplanned to be available)
- 2. Tables, chairs and small wardrobe units for materials will be provided for the kitchen and bathroom sections of the capsule.
- Socio / Artistic Features
- This project is an eco-friendly project using all recycled materials to provide shelter and rehabilitation to aid people’s transition back into society. The engineers will be the artists. The future is built with people
PROJECT ACTIVITIES AND WORK PLAN
- Single source to meet the project’s realization and costs will be covered by donations from the massive funding system. Each donor will be considered a voluntary olo member.
- Once the project is put to life a book will be published with stories and names of the volunteer members of each house.
- Project generation installation process of the website will be passing through life and the list of peace, associated with the works of artists will be updated and will include all of the information on this website.
- Ekocapsule delivery of which will be produced in places where people in need in the organization and control of concrete works will be allocated to the arts therapy groups, partnership projects with voluntary groups will be held.
- Capsule control and monitoring shall be performed by the group it is tied toç Reports shall be issued to the group manager by the artists. In which the group manager shall report to the project owners. Emergency communication networks shall be set up and non-emergency situations should be declared in the project by the group presidents monthly information reports.
- In applications to artists who want to work voluntarily in the capsule is to be any major limitations, must be submitted with the project application will be made in reports.
- Determining who shall be placed in the capsule and control group will be at the discretion of partner art group.
- is in need of housing, which will be determined in the capsule in case of occupation of reports published on the website will be provided for the group to participate in the production of art group life.
- The required presentation will be made to Olo capsule which will be held in the workshop of artistic production work site art group website through continuous updating need artists of our friends as well as social life, livelihood of our homeless friends trying to adapt and sustain.
- Capsules and artistic production workshop to be held in the case of works which will periodically be sold in its current form together with one time a year off to record the show or organization.
- Creative art projects with project delivery partner groups in the area over a year ecocapsule spending time with homeless / Artist refugees and in a year of a first time brought together; the point where the project, they bring HUMAN positive / negative development of the conference will be spoken with a cocktail will be organized by organizing a celebration of motivation.
- $ 10 – $ 50. You are an Olo Friend. Production and design by the master artist and apprentice that you will experience in the design of the capsule by sending a olothank you card and olo logo owl mask, symbolizing our friendship.
- $ 51 – $ 100 olo-friendly so that, for the production of materiasl we receive will be your greatest contribution in their capsule. One of your friends you Olo considerable production of household trash. . which will be performed by master artists and apprentices who will live in the manufacture and design of the logo will capsules Olo meaning to your happy moments with a nice wooden picture frame.
- $ 101 – $ 250 our first themed capsule. If it is not that why you find life very difficult these capsules. production and design master artists who will live in the capsule, which will be performed by apprentices olo logo sentimental value to your home will be a decorative wall clock times larger meaning.
- $ 251- $ 500 you are the architect and engineer . A warm environment that will be established through you. And olo-friendly that you so olo capsule architects and symbolizes that you are the engineers and manufacturing and design to be living in capsule artist craftsman and olo logo, which will be performed by the apprentice with wood plaque picture frame and wall clock we will consolidate our gratitude
- $ 501 – $ 1,000 you are a olo-family life saver. Your contribution and support will keep a very olo to life. how by your name to the wooden sheet will highlight our capsule So in the locker excavation’re doing an important job. olo foster parents that you’re stating and the production and design of thanks, which will be performed by artists master and apprentice who will live in the capsules besides our sticker picture frame wall clock and the olo logo wooden bookcase unit will be preparing for you.
- $ 1,001 – $ 5,000 you are a Gaia For us . You are the strength tying an Olo to life. You will be given the names of the capsules will be produced with olo . Production Inc. The apprentice master artist to live with the visit of the capsule design to be realized by plaque , picture frames , wall units too ‘ve library will be sent in time to be processed next to the name of your carefully olo logo .
Once the project is put to life, daily artistic works will be put on sale on the website. Those making donations to the campaign shall have priority in purchase.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN PHOTOS
PRODUCTION DESIGN TECHNICAL DETAILS
- MATERIALS AND FEATURES TO BE USED
- The types of materials to be used will be described hereunder. The exterior and interior of our capsule to be used as the main material is imported pine timber TSE 1264 in accordance will be as follows. The timber can snag point. Inside diameter of 1 cm to 4 cm where most of the knots is exceeding robust snag be found. Rotten, the disabled, partially boiled and falling knots are not present in the timber. Ring crack is not included huge crevices. The lift does not exceed ½ of curling. Resin pockets, inner bark, decay, cavities, insect hole, irrigation and manufacturing defects present. In the timber, there is no bending. Wood surfaces can be sanded with sandpaper and zero on all four sides of timber will be deleted. 10-year warranty against decay.All our products are impregnations of SIBERIAN PINE 1ST CLASS ARE USED.
- COMPLIANCE WITH ALL OUR PRODUCTS MANUFACTURING IS DONE AS TSE and CE norms.
- Glass to be used other than wood, plastic, fabric, such as recycling material from the capsule of our bed to be used in interior lighting, seating units and chairs, run also on the table, shelf units, items such as mini-storage unit will be ready for use.
- HOME PROPERTIES
- All that will be passed through the impregnation;
- 5 X 4; 20 m2
- Home Carrier poles 10 x 10 cm
- Roof carrier 15 x 5 cm
- 100 x 300 cm 1 sink / shower
- 300 cm
- Wood Apartment doors
- Unbreakable 2 will be made from black glass window
- All 14 x 2 cm paneling coatings
- Design and Decorative tile wood texture suitable
- Molded roof
- Wooden floor
- All wood 2 separate double beds (120×200 x40cm)
- All of the wooden wall hanging rack layout (bed side to 200cm x 30cm = 5 from a total of 10 units)
- SYSTEM COMPONENTS
- 1 x 500w wind turbine
- 1 x 500 W wind charger controller
- 2 x 250 w solar panel
- 1 x 30 AH solar charger control
- 1 x 600 W power inverter
- 2 x 100 AH battery
- 1 x 6 m turbine mast
- 2 x solar panel mounting kit
- 30 m solar cables
- 8 hours per day sunshine and 6 m/s wind speed in the can meet the daily energy needs of 7 kW. 220-volt appliances may be used. The below table lists which appliances can be used and how long.
- APPLIANCES AND USAGE (sample table)
- 1 x mini-refrigerator 24 hours
- 1 x laptop: 8 hours
- 3 x 10 W LED lamp: 8 hours
- 2 x phone charging: 2 hours
- 1 x 37-inch TVs: 8 hours
- 1 x Scart satellite receiver: 8 hours
- The system is adequate to provide the above electrical necessities. 1000 W Hybrid System operating efficiency values have been calculated on an average basis for areas where the ecocapsules will be placed, geographic features and climate conditions of the electricity produced in a 24-hour period.
- 1000 w Hybrid System
The system prodces 7kw electricity with 6m/s wind speed and daily 8-hour sunshine
- WATER SYSTEM INSTALLATION
- In general, a person needs a minimum of 25- liters of water daily. When taking into account that water will be necessary for purposes such as drinking, cooking, personal hygiene and laundry it is accepted that a daily average of 150 liters of urban water per capita is standard.
- Water consumption per capita in the world:
- While in industrialized countries it is 266 liters; 67 liters in Africa, 143 in Asia, 158 in Arab countries and 184 liters in Latin American countries; The daily water consumption percapita in Turkey is 111 liters.
- Based on this data ;
- A storage system of 3000 lt. will be used to collect rainwater and store the purified rainwater. 3000lt of clean water will cover the basic water needs for a group of 4 persons.
- When the rainwater has been consumed and later during dry season with no rainfall, the relocation of the ecocapsules to areas near the sea or lake sides is important in terms of water needs.
- In remote areas not located near the sea or lakesides the art groups will establish contact with local authorites to organize and ensure that an additional water supply is provided.
Ecocapsules will be furnished with Compost Toilets as sewage systems which is important for protection of the ecosystem and helping in water consumption.
What is compost system?
Technical methods commonly used for human waste are generally “Empty and Forget” systems. This method is expensive and consumes excessive water. Not to mention that it’s a source of disease, harms our rivers and creates 200 dead zones by the ocean.The Science and Environment Centre in India states that a family of 5 persons producing 250 liters of human waste and using a flush toilet pollute 150.000 liters of water.A new alternative to the flush toilet system: “Dry Compost System” this system takes human waste and converts it into a 10% size odorless humus. While preventing the pollution of fresh water resources with sewage the system is also eco-friendly in terms of promoting a system to be efficient in water consumption as well .
- PROjECT COST
- Turnkey cost including all materials, production and logistics costs for 1 ecocapsule accommodating four persons is $ 7000.
- SENAT EGİ (COLOVİC)
FASHION TV FASHION AWARD 2014 ISTANBULTHE BEST TECHNİC & STAGE DESİGN AWARD
- Who is SENAT EGI (COLOVIC)?
- Emigrated to Turkey in 1966, the youngest child in a family of Yugoslavian born in Istanbul on March 23, 1985.
The first meeting with art was at his father’s carpenter shop.Since his childhood,he has adopted a philosophy of art at fragrant wood,dusty ambient air and has continued his education in this way.He was duly admitted to MaltepeUniversity,Faculty of Architecture, Interior Design and later on continued his art education to Art Academy of Istasyon.
He is the artist who is intriguingly, ironic, creative, mysterious, creepy, and unique style, well-known artist,his career mainly focuses on human relations and commodifiedsocial concepts.
After long-term practice,he opened his personal exhibition at gallery which is at Beyoglu in 2007, is Şirinyurt Kubra who is president of the Gunese Resim Painter’s Community. Within the scope of Senad Egi Furniture Exhibition, Senad Egi has iconoclast style that offers alternative concepts like designing experimental objects instead of the usual furniture standards, who has brought a whole new dimension to the concept of the design.
Senad Colovic Egi invests the most of his time on new empirical research continues to work intensively.
Contemporary and timeless scenes have that blended design concepts and solutions by Egi and combined common place for the needs of the fashion world himself and this area who has been the intensity of an artistic production.
He invited to more than once different domestic and international exhibitions organizations who accepted Monte Paradiso Club in the city of Pula in Croatia in 2008 and joined a study Group of Figurative Art has named Theather in 2009.
İn 2011, the artist made his name with Fashion Tv Paris who designed the decor for the shooting of a special international fashion scene and successfully market for Fashion Tv Paris.
- FASHION TV AWARD 2014 ISTANBUL – THE BEST TECHNICAL AND STAGE DESIGN AWARD.
Aesthetic and artistic solutions to present to the world of fashion with the basic design style that Egi combines, leading (avantgarde), an innovative, distinctive artistrying to gain a fresh perspective and striking design style podium his many decorations and window displays the images are studies in the field of fashion