RURAL HIDEAWAY, CYPRUS
We are thanking you in advance for donating and helping us to finish our ‘almost there’ project.
As the photos show, we have already come a long way. Please help us to finish our journey to complete a relaxing hideaway for guests from all round the world, to be able to come and stay in a remote location in Cyprus, at a realistic affordable price.
Moving to live in Cyprus for health reasons, we found our idilic mountanside Olive Farm, with amazing sea and panoramic views in a small rural goat farming village (with only six full time residents!).
Now we would like our dream location to be shared with others. In order to do this we need to finish our project of turning what was once derelect ruins in our grounds, into an Airbnb Hideaway for guests from all around the world, to come and stay self catering, all year round, to relax and unwind, and discover the true rural Cyprus.
This would fulfill our dream of meeting people from all over the world, as we can no longer travel anymore ourselves. A perfect way to spend our retirement!
How the funds will be used:
- Upgrade our current solar electric system to cope with extra usage of guests.
- Supply and fit all plumbing: Fitment of water tank, toilet, shower, hand basin, kitchen sink and all fittings.
- Kitchen area: Purchase and instalation of hob and small kitchen unit.
- Digging pit and fittings for eco friendly waste water recycling system. (This would also help with the watering of our home grown crops, fruit and olive trees with non potable water). (We are well known for upcycling and recycling!)
- Purchase and fitting of solar panels for hot water and pumps.
- Electrics: sockets and lighting in all areas. Outside lighting.
- Heating: Purchase and instalation of log burner (wood used will be from our land).
- Doors for the double bedroom and shower room. (There will be a pullout double bed in lounge area, so will actually sleep four).
- Instalation of Wifi. (Our house being too far away to use our Wifi connection).
- Ongoing funding would increase outside and other less essential work eg. A larger patio area/planting and other internal additions.