I am Rajat Dhiman, 25 years old from Chandigarh. I am a tech entrepreneur with the vision to push the human race forward with my products.
Back in 2017, I launched a startup which was "Vevsa Books" and here's the problem and solution we worked on:
Problem: There is a huge scarcity of second-hand books and students are forced to buy new books which are very expensive. Many students from the middle class and the poor class family cannot afford to buy new books every time. Moreover, students do not have easy access to reach out to every vendor in a city in order to get books at a cheaper rate. Majority of students do not sell their books which leads to scarcity of stock for other students. Also, students hardly have time to visit every shop in a city in order to find affordable prices. Students who live in the outskirts of the city have to come to Chandigarh to buy and look for books due to lack of availability of local shops in their area.
Our vision was to make education Affordable, Convenient & Hassle-free. There should be no hindrance for students to get their books.
Solution: We were trying to solve this problem via technology. We had developed an android app which connects your book request with multiple vendors. And within a few hours you get notified with minimum rate and if you wish you can proceed further to buy that book and books will be delivered to you at your college or school.
With the help of this app, the interaction between the students and multiple vendors became easy and hassle-free; and also helps in making a better choice of books.
This initiative was highly appreciated by Students, Teachers, Parents, Chandigarh Administration, Bureaucrats, Dr Shashi Tharoor (MP, Kerela), The Tribune.
Due to financial crunches, we could not run it but in the future, I am gonna make it work and will launch PAN India.
My New Initiative and Cause:
I have spent two years on the Indian Education System and Youth and I have come up with issues which have been neglected by our leaders. This need to be fixed on a prior basis because it is a need of an hour. The issues are:
1) Suicide among youngsters - In India, every hour a student commits suicide and one of the major reason is academic pressure/failure. Unfortunately, this number is increasing every year. Has our system become some kind of disease or legal terror?
2) Fail to recognize their own potential - India is the youngest nation in the world with 600 million (60 crores) young people under the age of 29 unfortunately on the graduation day majority of the students wonder what to do next after spending 19 years in school and college. Has our system become weak to pull out the potential of a child during 19 years?
3) Quality of Teachers - The quality of teachers is very low. In most of the Pvt. universities teachers are those who itself had failed in their graduation, but now teaching and, their concepts itself are not clear. In fact in the govt. schools most of the teachers don’t teach. Nowadays people become teachers because they have realized it’s the safest job, less working hours, decent salary and other perks irrespective of considering it’s a responsibility and requires the heart to teach. Has our system failed to filter the quality teachers?
4) Education Budget - Education spending was 4.4 % in 1999 and it has now dropped to this value of 3.46 %. In this technological era, we don’t see budget spending on educational technology. Though govt. has taken an initiative such as “Swayam” but it looks they launched it just for the sake of launching it. Budget is being spent on quantity, not on quality.
5) Unemployment - It will remain as long as our current education system prevails.
6) Need for a better system - Youth have realised that above all we need to either change the system or make it better. Being the youngest nation the need of an hour is to focus on education and youth instead of wars, religion and politics.
So, I am about to start a video podcast "irajatism" where I will be interviewing the Politicians, MPs, MLAs and influencers to bring in the notice of the government and every individual that their full focus must be on education and youth if they really want to progress as a nation.
I would request every supporter to join me for this revloution and let us value our young people's lives. Your kids won't share with you that how much they are stressed and they might be getting suicidal thoughts. And I would like to be the voice of 600 million young minds of India. Do support me for this cause.
PLEASE DO SUPPORT.