New Hope for New Beginning Project
For the Community and for Elementary School of Lubo, Gaang, and Dacalan (Casualties of Typhoon Rosita)
The wrath of Typhoon Rosita (International Name Yutu) last October 30, 2018 left the village and the Elementary School of Lubo, Gaang, and Dacalan (in the Province of Kalinga, Philippines) with a devastating situation.
Several classrooms and even some of the facilities of Elementary School of Lubo and Dacalan were washed-out and numerous educational materials were destroyed during the typhoon, including Personal Computers, which were all submerged in floodwater.
Gaang Elementary School was spared from the typhoon, but their paddy/rice fields and most of the rice granaries were not.
Hanging bridges going in and out of the said villages were also damaged.
This is indeed heartbreaking and saddening, especially that I have already considered Lubo as my second home. Locals of Gaang and Dacalan have been also very warm and kind to me.
And it is more than enough reason for me to have the drive and the desire to help them get through with the ordeal they had and still having until now. But I can’t do it alone. I need all the support and help I can get from the people who has the same passion like me to help people in need and those who want to give back to share their blessings.
People of Lubo, Gaang, and Dacalan badly need your help. Our help.
I am asking for your kind hearts to please help me to raise the funds that are needed, so we can help these people, especially the Elementary teachers and students to bring back hope in their hearts and for them to start anew.
I will update all the people who will help this Fund-Raising Campaign/Project time to time and will send them report/s when there are already actions being taken once I already have the needed funds.
Rest assured that I will be completely transparent with every single cent spent.
For those who opt to send their help/donations thru Western Union, feel free to ask me for additional personal information that is needed to complete the transaction and it will be sent directly to the donors.
The funds will be used mainly for the Elementary School of Lubo and Dacalan --- to help the locals to expedite the construction of the damaged/destroyed classrooms and facilities of the school. And for other important things that the students and teachers need to continue despite of what they have been through.
We will also extend help to the locals of Gaang for whatever help they need.
Any amount will be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much for your kind help and support.
Pictures being used for this Fund-Raising Campaign/Project were all taken by the locals of Lubo, Gaang, and Dacalan.
*Credits to the Owners of the Pictures*
To give everyone an idea, here is a price list of some of the things needed for the reconstruction of the classrooms and other facilities of the said schools:
- Cement - PHP 218.00 per bag/sack
- G.I. Sheet (Steel Roof; #12) - PHP 540.00 per sheet/piece
- Steel Bar; #10 - PHP 140.00 per piece
- Steel Bar; #12 - PHP 200.00 per piece
- Wire; #10 - PHP 65.00 per kilo
- Plywood - PHP 350.00 per piece
> Inquired at nearest local hardware shop (the cheapest prices we could have).
And for some of the school supplies, here are the prices:
- Bond Paper (70gsm; size 8.5"x11"; 500 pcs.) - PHP 269.75
- Grade 1 and 2 Pad Paper (80 Leaves) - PHP 15.50
- Intermediate Pad Paper (80 Leaves) - PHP 20.75
- Mongol Pencil (#2; 3pcs.) - PHP 24.75
- Crayons (24 Colors) - PHP 32.00
- Water Colors (8 Colors) - PHP 46.00
- Orions Writing Notebook (80 Leaves) - PHP 26.75
- Starnotes Composition Notebook (80 Leaves) - PHP 29.75
- Philippine Flag (3x6 ft.) - PHP 599.75
> Inquired at National Bookstore, located inside a mall (will still try to look for cheaper prices in other bookstores/suppliers).
* Above-mentioned prices are as of November 2018 (Please be advised that all prices may vary/subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuation, fuel prices and/or unforeseen economic circumstances).