I want to continue to run my Soft Skill Learning & Development Center
1. MY BACKGROUND
My name is Arnold Yornes Paa, I am 51 years old. 23 years experience in various industry as an employee in Jakarta City- Indonesia, including Educational Consultant, Bank, Research Company, Direct Marketing & Life Insurance Company.
My longer position as Head of Learning & Development in Insurance company. I was gain so many experience during my last tenure Specially in Soft Skill Development.
One of my precious experience that I was do on my own an internal research & observation for 10 years on how employee can reach their top position in organization. I found that key success factor as an employee who reach the top position in company are those who strong in soft skill while technical skill only need for junior level.
2. MY GOAL Back to 2005 (I want to build my own business in Learning & Development area)
Having 23 years experience in learning & Development special as a soft skill facilitator, In 2015 I decided resign from the company and build my own business in non formal education sector : Soft Skill Learning & Development center.Having support from my friends and family, in January 2016 finally I can establish my own soft skill learning & development center name OLDC Indonesia in my home town: Kupang City, East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia, with total investment cost about: USD 40.000 (this divided in to: 4 years space rent in a small building, set up 4 class room fully equipped with all training room facilities, and operational cost for 6 months)
This is a profit center company that I was hope can support my employee, my business and also my personal financial.
3.REASON WHY BUILD SOFT SKILL LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT CENTER in My Home Town
Reason I leave my good career and back to my home town and established my dream is:
1. My Passion & My Goal drive me there.
I want to share my experience to the community (people in any organization level, students from junior level until university level and help them develop their soft skills that they did not learn in formal school or university.
2. Earn money for leaving.
3. Taking care of my Mother who live with my sister.
My Mother is now 81 years old and last 8 months, she got an auto immune arthritis. Currently me and my sister hand in hand together we take care our Mom with her disease.
4. Four Years CHALLENGE & STRUGGLE.
After four years running this Learning Center Since 2016, I still face the challenge:
First 2 years I was try to approach Public & Private organization in town and offer them this soft skill training but no one needed.
- Almost all the private & public organization in this town doesn't need soft skill for their employee. They only focus about technical skill development.
- In 3rd Years I change my business strategy and offer this training course to Student (school & University). Many students from junior level until university are very enthusiastic about this training but in the other hand, the ability to pay is very low so we struggle with operational cost.
- For your information that most of family here are not have buying power even for the education.
- On August last year my term of rent the building is finish and I have to move to the other place because I don't have money to extend, I move to my sibling house for while. but now I have to move again because my sibling want to occupied the house for personal reason.Now I have no place to go because I don't have money to finance this learning center. Only my passion remains. I WANT TO HELP People especially young people in this city to occupy them with soft skills.
By that I want all of you know my next plan and I hope you can understand why I need your help.
5. MY NEXT GOAL
- Rent a space for minimum 1 years
- Set up a Learning & Development Center with 4 class (capacity 30 participants each classes)
- Build a soft skill library for community who want to have a soft skill reading material
Change my Business Model from Profit Oriented Organization to the Foundation
- Running the Soft Skill Learning & Development Center with subsidies training fees:
a. 50 % of participants will be free of charge (determine by financial assessment)
b. 30 % of participants will be charge for a minimum training fees (determine by financial assessment)
c. 20 % of participants will be charge for a normal training fees.Why do I still want to impose training costs on some participants? this is a strategy to run this learning center in the long run. I Hope that after the next three years, I will benefit and be able to operate this learning center without asking for funds or grants from other people.
My goal for this soft skills Learning & Development center is to equip young people with good soft skills so that they can enter the workforce either as employees or entrepreneurs, with good character & personality that we know, soft skills are the key success factor for employees and also for entrepreneurs. In the end they can achieve success in their personal lives as well as in professional life.
Your generosity will immediately cover my passion for developing young people in my home town.
Please know that if you choose to donate, any amount will make such an impact, not only for me but also for the young generation in my home town.If for one reason you cannot donate for me, your feedback and ideas on how I can continue this Learning & Development Center is a very valuable gift and motivation for me. So please send feedback or ideas for me via email: [email protected] or [email protected]
A zillion thanks for your kind help