I’ve opened up the fund raising page once again as we are facing some complications. (I’ve edited the goal to $770 because we just need about $300 more to tide through and the $470 was the amount collected previously that I can’t change) Felix’s surgical wound has opened up due to him being clumsy, jumping around and initially I took it as him feeling better and being himself, which he was...but after that I think it was hurting quite badly, he got frustrated and attacked his tail. we have since brought him to the clinic and he got it flushed and re-stitched which set us back $600, that was what’s left with the contributions from you guys. He was doing okay the first 2 days after that but I noticed his tail getting worse with infection and as of now it’s tunneling, I was bringing him down to the clinic everyday for them to do a thorough flushing and cleaning of the wound and also for him to be fed his antibiotics, Felix is not an easy kitty to take care of when he’s sick, he get agitated and upset very easily and that is why I bring him to the clinic everyday, besides...they were offering their services for free but things were not looking good...I’m very sure 2 days ago he wasn’t fed his antibiotics...so I decided to switch clinics to get a second opinion today and they’ve explained to me that things are not looking good but it could be worse, the antibiotic Felix was prescribed in the previous clinic Baytril) wasn’t good for him...it can cause kidney and liver damage in the long run and Felix’s kidneys are the best they could be already...so he’s going to be on clavulox for the next 10 days or until his infection clears, the vet has also given me saline solution and 2 big syringes to flush his wound out as and when as well as a healing and protective gel for his now open wound...it infection was so bad it’s tunneling, at the rate it was going I was so afraid if I continue bringing him to the previous clinic he’s going to go into septic shock. So now we might need a little more help if possible, we wouldn’t ask if we weren’t desperate. Once again, thank you so very much.
My cat felix got seriously injured and needs emergency surgery to get better.
His tail is broken in 2 places causing one bone to completely stick out at the end of his tail and another to just out slightly and the vet said surgery is needed.
He's been given a clavulox jab that'll last him 24hrs before he needs to get another one or get the surgery done or it's not going to be so good for our baby. Please help if you can, any amount is greatly appreciated! (We can send you pictures of the bill if needed, just send us a message)
I couldn't take any pictures of his tail because anytime I try to get close he get very agitated and might make the tail worse.
After getting a rough quotation of the surgery from the vet it’s estimated to cost about 1.5K - 1.8K, we will cap the funding at what’s needed. We also will update on every step we are taking and post all the official receipts (as proof) we aim to keep this as transparent as possible. Any remaining sum that wasn’t used would be donated to an animal cause or shelter of your choice to pay the kindness extended to us forward!