COVID-19 disruptions are particularly severe in our disadvantaged communities. This has been highlighted in the education of our youth in these communities. School closures have necessitated a move to e-learning. In theory, this could be an important step towards a fairer education system. But the reality is very different. Most South African learners lack access to devices, data and quality educational resources.
It is with this in mind that iSchoolAfrica is driving the #myfuture campaign that focuses on assisting matric students who have the potential to succeed, and whose futures are now in jeopardy due to the impact of COVID-19.
iSchoolAfrica is setting up a consortium of partners, with the aim of assisting 10 000 matric learners with the following digital toolkit:
- Functioning iPads to support them through their digital learning
- Learners will have access to high quality curriculum relevant content through the iSchoolAfrica programme
- Live study sessions with teachers
- Live study sessions with fellow matric learners
- Sufficient data to connect to the programme
We invite you to join our intervention and help secure their futures. Your donation will assist in giving our learners back their futures.